• Resolved 1waytoheaven

(@1waytoheaven)

I’m using the WP classic Editor environment, and noticed since the last update of SEO Framework, no Meta Titles or Meta Descriptions appear in the editing windows when editing or creating a new post.

I now have to insert them manually in new posts.

But what about existing posts and Pages are they devoid of meta’s too?

When I view existing posts in the WP Classic edtor I see no Title or Descriptions.

This is a tad worrisome.

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thread Starter 1waytoheaven

(@1waytoheaven)

I’m using Safari 13 (High Sierra OS) and do NOT wish to upgrade.

Plugin Author Sybre Waaijer

(@cybr)

Hello!

What you’re experiencing is a visual issue only. The SEO Framework v4.2.0 still provides your site with all the metadata generated automatically — no data is lost, either. It should still allow you to fill metas in and store them. Still, the browser scripts have all been modernized with this major release to support 98% of browsers, significantly reducing instruction overhead and increasing stability.

Much like we expect users to upgrade plugins, we expect them to upgrade all other software as well — like riding a wave of upgrades.

Many vendors constantly drop support for older browser versions. The web is evergreen and full of potential security issues lingering around the corner — not updating the browser or OS leaves your computer and everyone on the network vulnerable. It would be irresponsible allowing users globally to stick with older browser versions, much like WordPress did with Internet Explorer 11 and PHP 5.2 (and still does with PHP 5.6…).

Lastly, since TSF is developed and maintained by only one person, please be mindful that I cannot find the time to support browser versions with less than 0.6% of global usage. Now I think about it… I’ve actually been more graceful than Apple for supporting the browser a year longer than they have.

TSF v4.1.5.1 is still stable with the latest version of WordPress. So, if you prefer to downgrade to keep working on Safari 13, that is still a good option. Nevertheless, if you cannot upgrade your OS for some technical reason, I urge using a standalone, up-to-date browser, such as Chrome for Mac. Again, using an unsupported browser is ill-advised.

Thread Starter 1waytoheaven

(@1waytoheaven)

Understood and thank you for explaining.

I’ll use current upto date Brave browser to make new posts, and Safari 13 for the rest.

I’m using jungle internet which works best with older OS’s 🙂

I’ve only just recently upgraded from OSX 10.11 (El Capitan), and definitely don’t want to upgrade for another few years yet.

I confirm the latest Brave browser for Mac does display the auto-generated meta’s.

Thank you for your diligence Sir 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by 1waytoheaven. Reason: Sp
    Thread Starter 1waytoheaven

(@1waytoheaven)

Resolved

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘4.2.0 release not auto-generating Meta Title and Descn’ is closed to new replies.