Support » Plugin: The SEO Framework » 4.1 update not working

  • Resolved ulrich_nielsen

    (@szarzene)


    Dear developers,
    thanks for sharing this great extension, however the last update messed up my whole SEO effort. And yes, i read the update instructions carefully and followed the troubleshooting steps. What actually happened is that all the meta fields were blank after the upgrade, and even if i tried to enter anything anywhere the character count remained 0. The only significant plugin i’m using that may interfere with it is Hummingbird, but disabling it and deleting all cache didn’t help.
    The only way to restore my site was by going back to 4.0.7. Since it’s a production site i’m not taking chances any more, i’ll be waiting for a more mature release.
    Thanks anyways.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Support Pierre LeBaux

    (@lebaux)

    Hey szarzene, I apologize for the trouble. We tested the release to our best abilities, but it’s humanly impossible to check all plugin/theme combinations and server environments.

    Would you be kind enough to send us your Site Health Status? It’s under Tools > Site Health > Info > Copy site info to clipboard. If you are not comfortable sharing this information publically, please send it via our contact form (attach it as .txt or .md please) and we follow up with you. Is that OK?

    We will do our best to get to the bottom of this.

    Plugin Author Sybre Waaijer

    (@cybr)

    Hello!

    I’m very sorry you encountered such a destructive issue! ๐Ÿ™

    When you downgraded back to 4.0.7, did the fields get filled in again with your inputs? If so, then it might just be a filter, plugin, or UI conflict we must resolve. That would also be a huge relief!

    I’m digging through the code to see where this could’ve gotten wrong.

    And yes, I fully support your notion of not updating to major updates! If I could skip those, I would. Releasing major updates to the public has always been scary for me.

    Thread Starter ulrich_nielsen

    (@szarzene)

    Hey guys, thank you all for the quick response. I sent you the site info via the form. To be fair, it must indeed be a plugin conflict, as i have another site with a different set of plugins, and there TSF did upgrade with no issues whatsoever.

    I know this thing happens all the time and there’s no way to test compatibility with all the plugins out there. I managed to restore the site fully, as the db entires remained intact. I deleted all the plugin files without deactivating it, and reuploaded the previous version. Then everything went back to normal.

    Thanks again for all your efforts.

    Thread Starter ulrich_nielsen

    (@szarzene)

    Issue solved, it was browser related. The update is safe to install. Thank you guys for the immediate support even for the free version.

    Plugin Author Sybre Waaijer

    (@cybr)

    Cheers! I’m glad you’ve found a working solution!

    And thank you so much for the kind review ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘4.1 update not working’ is closed to new replies.