• Resolved southerncrosswebs

(@southerncrosswebs)

No Reports are generated after a post is published (there were in 4.0.06) no email confirming campaign sent is sent to admin (it was in 4.0.06) and most importantly the post notifications themselves are not sending (they were in 4.0.06). The preview of the template works and I do not get any error messages, the post notifications, admin confirmation and reports simply do not send/generate. I did set up CRON for every 12 hours in CPanel after manually publishing the post three times to try and generate the notifications and tried to manually publish once again after the CRON settings were added in CPanel but still no luck. Can you please provide a link to 4.0.06 so I can roll back and I will go back to using 4.0.07 on a test site until it works.

Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Thread Starter southerncrosswebs

(@southerncrosswebs)

Its not working at all I’m afraid. I tested 4.0.08 on 2 different websites. It does not generate a report (on the Reports menu option of the plugin on the wordpress dashboard) so there is just nothing to work with to view the status of the emails or to select a send now option, and no emails go to the subscribers or the admin (campaign sent confirmation). This is based on republishing an older post. I also attempted to publish a brand new post (it was queued as a draft on the auto post scheduler but had never before been posted and I manually published it) and it was the same. No report, no emails (to subscribers and admin). It is pretty late here in Australia so I am going to leave trying to sort this out until tomorrow. Thanks for your assistance in trying to resolve this.

Hi,

I am encountering a similar problem. Before migrating to v4 post notifications worked fine, but now nothing seems to be enqueued.

I tried to republish a post, to publish a new post, to add a cron job, to delete my post notification campaign from scratch, to create a new group for my subscribers and delete the old one after linking my campaign with that new group… nothing helped.

I’m using Email Subscribers 4.0.8 and WP 5.1.

Thanks for your help!

I am having the same problem. With WordPress 5.1.1 and Email Subscribers 4.0.8, emails are no longer being sent with a published post. I reverted to 4.0.7 but did not work either. I have had no problems before.

Rolled back to 4.0.6 and email did send after I enacted send in the queue. But never had to do that before. There is no longer any option under post notification settings to choose to have email sent immediately.

Thread Starter southerncrosswebs

(@southerncrosswebs)

Ok now I just feel bewildered again lol. I reverted one website back to 4.0.06 from 4.0.07 and .08 and the post notifications only went out because I used the send now option from Reports. I have now thoroughly tested another website with .06, .07 and .08 and the post notifications will not send even though the report says completed after they were queued. No confirmation of campaign sent is issued to the admin either if you let the notifications process by themselves being enqueued. With this same site I then triggered another post to be published and then used the send now option in Reports and it too claims to have completed the send (the confirmation page with options to send all the other queued emails came up and I kept selecting the send now link) but no campaign confirmation is sent to the admin and no emails are sent even though the status in the Reports section is now set at completed. The mystery deepens as I then reverted this 2nd website back to 3.5.1.8 and triggered a post notification by publishing a post (previously published, set back to draft and republished) and everything works again. So the summary is this. One website does issue post notifications and all of the confirmations on 4.0.06 BUT ONLY IF YOU USE THE SEND NOW OPTION. The second website (with mostly the same plugins and hosted by the same web server) will not issue post notifications or the confirmations past 3.5.1.8. Both websites are on WP 5.1.1. I do appreciate your efforts to fix these issues but it is taking up a lot of time trying to get this plugin to work and I am afraid I cannot keep doing this for much longer.

Plugin Contributor Malay Ladu

(@malayladu)

Hi,

Just want to update you that there is a Post Notification issue if you are using Classic editor with Email Subscribers 4.0.7 or 4.0.8 and WP 5.0+.

We are looking into this issue and fixed the issue soon.

(@southerncrosswebs)

thanks and appreciate your help

(@malayladu)

@southerncrosswebs Just released ES 4.0.9. Please check and let us know how it goes!

(@southerncrosswebs)

Happy to report that post notifications did send without me having to use the send now option. Can also confirm that the confirmation of campaign sent email issued to the admin after all of the emails were sent. Thanks for your assistance. Hopefully this is now resolved 🙂

(@malayladu)

Hey @southerncrosswebs. That’s awesome.

Thanks for your confirmation and yes, I would like to appreciate you for all your help.

Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘4.0.06 Post Notifications Worked but 4.0.07 Notifications Do Not Work’ is closed to new replies.