[Resolved] 3D Secure handshake issues.
I am in desperate need of your help. I have been looking into this issue for a client for 2 days now and I have run out of steam 🙁
When submitting a payment through secure 3D, the page returns blank and the order is not processed.
After some debugging / phone calls with SagePay we have found the problem to be with the original checkout page not being able to handle the 3D secure handshake.
- The test account works perfectly fine and records transactions across all card types
- Once I switch to the live account – the payment plugin on the checkout page stops on the “Checkout -> Pay” page after the 3D secure verification is processed. There are no error messages and the user is left waiting.
- Basically SagePay is NOT getting a response from our website back after the customer’s 3D Secure details are entered. I.e. our website is not re-directing customers beyond the 3D secure.
- After 15 minutes of inactivity, the transaction comes up on SagePay saying that the transaction timed out as no response was received.
What is interesting is that the 3D secure verified payment works from a different page:
- If I then go to MY ACCOUNT page and see all my orders, I can see the unpaid order.
- Clicking “PAY” here – takes me to another page where I can pay for this order again.
- If I enter my card details and pay through this page, the site correctly handles the payment and 3D secure interface with SagePay. The payment is successful this time round.
NOTE: turning off 3D secure through Sage Pay also resolves the problem as the site no longer has to manage the 3D secure handshake. However my client requires this.
I’ve reverted to turning off 3D secure for now to temporarily resolve this issue.
I hope you can help.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] 3D Secure handshake issues.’ is closed to new replies.