• I foolishly updated to 3.9 without updating from Weaver 2.2.9 to Weaver II and now can’t update anything on my website. I can’t get Weaver II to load into the site although it shows on cPanel in the file manager.

Longer version:
    version 3.9 installed successfully (and I later learned it doesn’t support Weaver 2.2.9). Now I can’t access anything with updates, themes, new plugins

From Dashboard, I can see 1 update “available” but when I click it I get “page not found” at url …com/wp-admin/update-core.php

When I try to go to Appearance, I get “page not found”. None of the submenus under Appearance work except Weaver Admin which tells me to download Weaver II. (But no way to upload it at this point)

Based on digging through documentation, I disabled all plug ins and uploaded weaver-II-maintenance-1-3.zip but when I click install, I get “page not found” with url of .com/wp-admin/update.php?action =upload-plugin

In cPanel, I can see WeaverII where I uploaded it through my web host; it shows under wp-content

How can I get Weaver II to install on my site or at least show up so that I can install it?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Try switching to the default theme by renaming your current theme’s folder inside wp-content/themes and adding “-old” to the end of the folder name using FTP or whatever file management application your host provides.

Thread Starter runscola

(@runscola)

I now have white screen of death instead of a webpage.

Off to change the theme back to weaver so at least something shows up, even if it looks wonky

Is there a way to use one of the backups to revert to a version earlier than 3.9? I don’t think that’s possible but I’ve used (and undone) every suggestion I can find with this upgrade.

I can’t be the only person who didn’t change the appearance of their site and missed the weaver ii upgrade.

There is an upgrade procedure in the FAQ of the main support site
    http://weavertheme.com/upgrading-from-original-weaver-to-weaver-ii/

Ideally you wanted to do that update before upgrading to WordPress 3.9, but as long as your Admin side is working, there is no reason you cant do the upgrade to weaver II now (latest Weaver II version for WP3.9 is 2.1.10).

If you need more support, you should post in the Weaver Forum at
    http://forum.weavertheme.com/

Thread Starter runscola

(@runscola)

Thank you for responding scrambler and esmi

Scrambler, I’d already found the thread you mentioned and tried to install the Maintenance plugin – no go. I hoped there was another work around.

I can’t get to most of the admin part of wordpress through my web site after the 3.9 update, so uploading and installing the new theme isn’t possible that direction. Dashboard, pages and posts – yes; appearance, plugins, etc – no. I tried uploading weaver ii through cPanel but so far version 3.9 is ignoring it’s existence.

I’ve already read through the weavertheme forums…thanks for the suggestion.

I think my only choice at this point is to uninstall, reinstall with weaver ii; pray the backup loads content and then do the Maintenance plugin to convert…

I can’t get to most of the admin part of wordpress through my web site after the 3.9 update, so uploading and installing the new theme isn’t possible that direction.

Please try re-reading my post above. Thee suggestion made does not require you to login to your WordPress dashboard.

I am not sure what you mean by uninstall / reinstall, but in order I would try

Delete all weaver Theme folders using CPanel file management, that would revert wordpress to a default theme like 2013, then see if you can install weaver II from scratch.

If not I would get my Host provider to restore the last backup before the wordpress update.
    EDIT:cross posted with esmi, this is the same principle as what he mentionned, just more radical (delete instead of rename), So you should try the rename first 🙂

Thread Starter runscola

(@runscola)

Thanks –
    I tried the re-name yesterday – that gave me white screen of death when version 3.9 apparently decided there was no theme instead of defaulting.

I have a service request in with my hosting provider to see if one of the backups is before I blundered into 3.9

I’ll try deleting the weaver themes. Nothing to lose at this point. I’ve backed up; used FTP to transfer media/pdf. Learned a lesson on this one 🙂

If you have no other theme than weaver in the theme folder I guess WordPress cannot default to one.

If you have another site you can access, you may want to install 2013 then copy the 2013 theme folder from that install and put it in your corrupted install theme folder.

That should allow WP to default to it

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘3.9 and old Weaver version’ is closed to new replies.