• EndTheTrendNow

(@endthetrendnow)

I am not seeing the 3.8.2 version showing up as an update in my update section or in the Dashboard.

Currently running 3.8.1.

Have 3 other websites that all showed the update.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • esmi

(@esmi)

Try navigating to the Updates page.

Thread Starter EndTheTrendNow

(@endthetrendnow)

Nope. Doesn’t show any updates for WordPress there. Clicked the Check Again button and nothing.

Last checked on April 9, 2014 at 4:33 pm. Check Again
    Plugins

Your plugins are all up to date.
    Themes

Your themes are all up to date.

esmi

(@esmi)

Site url?

(@endthetrendnow)

esmi

(@esmi)

Try:
    – switching to the default theme by renaming your current theme’s folder inside wp-content/themes and adding “-old” to the end of the folder name using FTP or whatever file management application your host provides.

resetting the plugins folder by FTP or phpMyAdmin.

– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder and the wp-config.php & root .htaccess files – from a fresh download of WordPress. Make sure that you delete the old copies of files & folder before uploading the new ones.

– running the upgrade manually via wp-admin/upgrade.php

(@endthetrendnow)

I think I should probably do a backup before attempting any of this. Any suggestions on a good backup plugin?

(@endthetrendnow)

upgraded to the 3.8.2 and it still looks the same.

It doesn’t contain the following message like my other websites do.

You have the latest version of WordPress. Future security updates will be applied automatically.

If you need to re-install version 3.8.2, you can do so here or download the package and re-install manually:

Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

🏳️‍🌈 Advisor and Activist

I get this on your domain…

Warning: require_once(/home/content/p3nexnas03/32/2059332/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/limit-login-attempts/limit-login-attempts.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/p3nexnas03/32/2059332/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin.php on line 99

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/content/p3nexnas03/32/2059332/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/limit-login-attempts/limit-login-attempts.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php5_4/lib/php’) in /home/content/p3nexnas03/32/2059332/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin.php on line 99

Do a manual reinstall of the WP core files (and disable that MU plugin)

(@endthetrendnow)

Are you saying you can not see the website and that you get this error?

I also don’t see any error when accessing the website. tried 3 different browsers and cleared the cache.

I already manually installed the WP core files. I am not sure what this MU plugin is referring to. I don’t have any plugin that begins with MU or M.

Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

🏳️‍🌈 Advisor and Activist

Yes, I cannot see your website. http://beachtobayrealtors.com/ only shows that error.

Read the whole error:

Failed opening required ‘/home/content/p3nexnas03/32/2059332/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/limit-login-attempts/limit-login-attempts.php’

That means it’s looking in the folder mu-plugins 🙂

(@endthetrendnow)

I am just not seeing what you’re seeing. I tried it on my iphone not connected to the internet and another computer in the office that have never been to that site and I don’t see the error.

Must-use plugins (a.k.a. mu-plugins) are plugins installed in a special directory inside the content folder and which are automatically enabled on all sites in the installation. Must-use plugins do not show in the default list of plugins on the Plugins page of wp-admin – although they do appear in a special Must-Use section – and cannot be disabled except by removing the plugin file from the must-use directory, which is found in wp-content/mu-plugins by default.

It looks like it might be a GoDaddy Plugin, that for whatever reason can not be found.

(@endthetrendnow)

I renamed the MU_Plugins directory to xx and what do you know I now see the update button for 3.8.2, but

When I try to do an update I get this error message.

Warning: copy(/home/content/p3nexnas03/32/2059332/html/wp-admin/includes/update-core.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/p3nexnas03/32/2059332/html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-direct.php on line 217

The update cannot be installed because we will be unable to copy some files. This is usually due to inconsistent file permissions.: wp-admin/includes/update-core.php

Installation Failed

(@endthetrendnow)

OK I think this is a bug in the 3.8.1 and 3.8.2 release.

If I have the folder Must-use plugins MU-Plugins, the 3.8.2 update information doesn’t show in the Update section of wordpress. If I remove or rename the MU-Plugins folder it displays.

Apparently the MU-Plugin folder is something that is optional based on what I read, so there appears to be a bug.

I will have to talk to Godaddy about the permission issue.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘3.8.2 Not displaying as an Update’ is closed to new replies.