• Hello,
    after updating to 3.8, I cannot login to /wp-admin/ anymore on any browser except the one from which I did the update.
    All the others redirect to the 404 page.
    Uploaded a fresh version again – same result.
    Cache is disabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • im having the same problem, except i’m not getting a blank page instead of 404. i’m not trying to detract from your problem, just leaving a note so i’ll be notified if anyone gives you good advice, perhaps i could use it too.

@bryan.MCS – please don’t post in other people’s threads – it’s not how these forums work. Please read –

http://codex.wordpress.org/Forum_Welcome#Where_To_Post

Start a new thread and include relevant info in your post.

Both of you, try deactivating ALL plugins – if you can’t login, use FTP or Cpanel to rename your plugins folder on the server –

wp-content
        plugins.HOLD
    Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

🏳️‍🌈 Advisor and Activist

I’ve removed the off non OP posts. Folks, just accept that we want you to make your own topics and move on 🙂 Complaining about it helps no one.

Sumukha – If that doesn’t help, what does the 404 look like? Does it match the WP theme?

Thread Starter Sumukha

(@sumukha)

The 404 was a theme page.
    I deactivated all plugins, reactivated them and am able to login from all browsers. No more 404s.

Interesting, isn’t it?

Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘3.8: After update, /wp-admin/ gives a 404 error on most brosers’ is closed to new replies.