Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

Have you tried:
    – deactivating ALL plugins temporarily to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate them individually (one-by-one) to find the problematic plugin(s). If you can’t get into your admin dashboard, try deactivating via FTP or SFTP or whatever file management application your host provides. If applicable, also remember to deactivate any plugins in the mu-plugins folder. The easiest way is to rename that folder to mu-plugins-old.
    – To rule out any theme-specific issue, try switching to the unedited default, core-bundled Theme (such as Twenty Twelve or Twenty Thirteen) for a moment using the WP dashboard. If you don’t have access to your admin area, you can switch to the default theme by renaming your current theme’s folder in wp-content/themes and adding “-old” to the end of the folder name using via FTP or SFTP or whatever file management application your host provides. Alternately, you can remove other themes except the default theme. That will force your site to use it.
    resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems (because the hooks remain unless plugins completely removed or some plugins stick around in cached files. So by renaming the folder, you break them and force them inactive).
    – If the above troubleshooting steps fail to resolve the issue, try manually re-uploading all files and folders EXCEPT the wp-config.php file and the /wp-content/ directory from a fresh download of WordPress. Make sure that you delete the old copies of files & folder before uploading the new ones. Read the Manual Update directions first!
    Always backup everything (including your database) before doing any actions, just in case.

Thread Starter Martin_Bayer

(@martin_bayer)

Hi Tara,

Thank you for your reply.

As stated before,
    1) I could not disable the plugins, as I do not have access to the admin dashboard (the main issue here in general)
    2) I did disable the plugins via renaming the plugin folder through FTP
    3) I did disable the theme via renaming the theme folder through FTP

Of course, I could delete and re-copy all the folders, but in this respect, I presume it is easier to just take the last backup and shovel it onto the server. I was just hoping that this could be prevented by some minor action.

Cheers
    Martin

(@martin_bayer)

…plus, I really would like to know where this “no cookies supported or blocked” issue suddenly comes from…

Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

where this “no cookies supported or blocked” issue suddenly comes from…

Possibly related: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/cookie-error-when-logging-in?replies=19#post-4834399

(@martin_bayer)

Well, it might be the same problem – but the solutions neither from niosus nor from mirjas seem to work with me. Thank you anyway for your help.

I will just shovel my last backup (before updating to 3.7.1 and downgrading to NextGen Gallery 1.9.13) to the server, as I have to work…

Hi Martin_Bayer, did restoring the last backup help? I have exactly the same problem so would like to know if restoring will do the trick.

(@martin_bayer)

Hi Willem,

Well, I really love backups… It worked for me, and now I have installed the NextCellent Gallery plugin instead of downgrading to NextGen Gallery 1.9.13 (or continuing to use the #$§% 2.x version that really provided me with lots of “fun” already). So far, I am happy with it.

I hope this works for you, too.

Cheers
    Martin

Hi Martin_Bayer,

good to hear you got it sorted again. I’m still struggling. In my case, none of the fixes or hacks work.

I ran the Chrome debugger (F12) and looking at the network tab I see in all cases of blank screen:

http://www.willemdeboer.org GET, OK
    gmail.css GET, OK

and that’s it, it stops right there. Any suggestions?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘3.7.1 white admin page (plus cookie issue for login)’ is closed to new replies.