WordPress.org

Forums

3.7.1 security error for SWF Help please (8 posts)

1. netcom
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi All,
    Thanks for looking in. I am getting a security error when trying to upload my SWF I found this link

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/new-security-restrictions-on-361?replies=8

Topic is closed and I an not sure if it will Jibe with 3.7, nor am I clear where I am to place that code in my site. Some details for dummy's would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    NC
    SWF,SWZ, security error, upload

2. That code should work too with WordPress 3.7.1 too.

Just be careful. The file types that are permitted to be uploaded are generally safe. Adding other file types can be risky if there are other people using your installation.

3. netcom
    Posted 1 year ago #

@ Jan

Thank you for clarifying that indeed the code will or should work. Please if you would:

Where I am to place that code in my site. Some details for dummy's would be appreciated.

4. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

You need to add it to your theme's functions.php file.

5. netcom
    Posted 1 year ago #

Thank you...Any where in there?

6. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

Try adding it to the bottom of the file - before any closing ?/> (if that exists).

7. netcom
    Posted 1 year ago #

Ok Will give that a try. I am going to do a new post about something like this a diff work around. So I won't close this until tomorrow. "K"
    Thanks again for your help

8. netcom
    Posted 1 year ago #

FWIW- the code allowed me to upload my SWF yet after doing so and trying to keep on editing, then add a GIF or PNG. I get a security error stating that GIF PNG and that is all I tried thus far; is a security issue.

So I guess to plan "B" and install a folder on my server and point to it outside of WP to host my SWF files.... I am sure the SWF players will soon be antiquated because of this too....Thanks anywho
    Best
    NC

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic