• Did a little test with my newly installed code insert plugin on WP 3.7.1, worked like a charm on a plain page (as expected 🙂

But as soon as I assigned a buddypress page (activity, members, groups, etc.) to this page, the inserted code vanished, as if it can no long recognize the page. Any idea I can make it right with or without modifying the plugin?

Thank you for this great plugin, it makes things so much easier for us!

http://wordpress.org/plugins/q2w3-inc-manager/

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Author Max Bond

(@max-bond)

Special BuddyPress pages are not supported yet…
    What type of Insert do you want?
    Try shortcode or manual insert and set it to be viewable on all pages.

Thread Starter 3tonine

(@3tonine)

Dear Max, this is like the fastest response there can ever be, much appreciated.

I was looking for a way to customize those buddypress pages, like insert some shortcodes in the top part of the activity stream, to showcase some new posts excerpts.

I tried to help the plugin recognize the page by setting it as home, or choose where to insert code by author page, all pages, etc. So far no luck. Any advice? Slug? Custom Taxonomies?

Thanks alot.

Plugin Author Max Bond

(@max-bond)

Shrotcode + All pages is not working?..
    Shortcode is not recognized (you see shortcode name instead it’s code)?

Thread Starter 3tonine

(@3tonine)

Well, the situation is, I solely try to get it to work on buddypress pages, kind of my site’s main feature. So, I test with insert code before content (that’s the part I want to do sth with), echo a paragraph, worked when it was still a plain page, then I assigned the buddypress page to it, then the echo thingy gone. Then I tried with all the setting available with code insert, so far no luck. I don’t know if the buddypress activity stream page’s structure is getting in the way, or it tricks the plugin to ignore the page. Totally out of my league to sort out the real situation. Sorry that I can’t give you more specific info.

Plugin Author Max Bond

(@max-bond)

I checked a few things in buddypress…

The only way to make insert to special buddypress page (activity, members, groups, etc.) is to directly modify it’s themplate (for example bp-themes/bp-default/activity/index.php).
    Use MANUAL location for this purpose. Set manual location for the insert, save, then copy function code and paste it into target buddypress theme file.

Thread Starter 3tonine

(@3tonine)

Thanks for the advice, and I guess I’ll look into add action to those predefine function they offered, I’m looking at a bunch of codes like before activity content, all sorts of hooks that giving me headache… But worth a try I guess.

Good effect on all your plugins, and support you give Here, thanks bro 😉 good day!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘3.7.1 compatibility confirmed, what about buddypress?’ is closed to new replies.