• Resolved Anointed

(@anointed)

I love the new video post-format where once you click publish, then you can see the video player itself. This has been a long time coming and makes it so much nicer.

Request:
    Right now, the only time I see the video player is after I click publish. It would be nice to be able to see the video player once a video url is entered into the metabox instead of waiting for the publish button press.

It would just make it that much easier to use knowing I have the right video url/embed code/etc prior to publishing.

*I love this new feature so much that I want to add the same logic to my post metaboxes. Is it fairly easy to reuse this new WordPress code in a metabox? If so, where is this new video post-format (display video player) logic located?…. thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

🏳️‍🌈 Advisor and Activist

They show on Post Preview for me… You have to save the post first, obviously, but they do show.

Thread Starter Anointed

(@anointed)

They show for me also, but only after saving the post as you said. I was specifically talking about having the player displayed prior to having to save it so that if I got it wrong, I can make the change right away.

Just one of those little ‘features’ that would make it stand out even more.

Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

🏳️‍🌈 Advisor and Activist

Right now, the only time I see the video player is after I click publish.

Okay so we’ll change that to save and not publish 😉 Those are different things, and I was confused.

I think it’s like site-meta, it doesn’t get ‘saved’ so it’s not displayable until it’s been saved.

I found out that in Safari…..the screen was blank so I now add a poster images to all shortcode:

[item] [video src="http://www.urldomain.org/video/videofile.mp4" height="105%" poster="http://www.urldomain.org/video/intro.jpg"]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘3.6 post-format video -> display video player pre-save?’ is closed to new replies.