• what should I do on such errors ? even I cannot download and open the error_log file, my service provider given me details from it.

[02-Nov-2013 22:19:48 UTC] WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = ‘_transient_doing_cron’ LIMIT 1 made by _get_cron_lock
    [03-Nov-2013 12:24:01 UTC] WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = ‘_transient_doing_cron’ LIMIT 1 made by _get_cron_lock
    [04-Nov-2013 15:09:12 UTC] WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = ‘_transient_doing_cron’ LIMIT 1 made by _get_cron_lock
    [05-Nov-2013 05:11:39 UTC] WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = ‘_transient_doing_cron’ LIMIT 1 made by _get_cron_lock

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Contact your hosts. It’s a server issue.

Thread Starter nicksvicks

(@nicksvicks)

they have replied :

Regarding the error MySQL server has gone away:
    ——————————————–

Please note that this could happen due to 2 possibilities

1. Poorly optimized php scripts which takes a lot of time to execute and hence mysql quits processing
    2. If there are too many mysql connections opened from your website which makes mysql to quit

Also make sure that you are closing mysql connection after you open and use a connection. This could also be a reason.

If you feel that your usage is genuine and your website is well optimized and such a usage is required, then please upgrade that particular account alone to any of the following accounts according to the needs for such a higher usage;

but I know site traffic is low & I dont need to upgrade the server

(@nicksvicks)

THE SITE CONFIGURATIONS ARE :

Business Directory Plugin
    Contact Form 7
    Really Simple CAPTCHA
    Background Manager
    Wordpress Social Login
    Better WP Security
    Disable Comments
    Facebook LikeBox Widget
    Hide Title
    Peter’s Login Redirect
    White Label CMS
    Wordfence Security
    WP Better Emails

Responsive Add Ons – & Responsive Theme Cyberchimps

You might need to upgrade your server if the issue lies in memory usage through WordPress. If you’re with a lesser host, only a certain amount of memory is allowed per application. Your plugins alone could be causing you to exceed that limit.

(@nicksvicks)

@dauidus I don’t think so , because I am using similar plugins on another site on same server but getting no such errors.

@pioneer Valley Web Design, what should I do with scheduled cron jobs to solve my problem ??? no, I dont want to delete log file everyday but I want to solve the error ,,,

I have a 6.6 gb error_log file on the server. Is it safe to delete it?

@paulcashmere

Please review where to post when using this forum.

(@nicksvicks)

@paulcashmere, are you getting error due to “MySQL server has gone away” ??

(@nicksvicks)

[19-Oct-2013 13:35:45 UTC] WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query UPDATE wp_options SET

option_value = ‘O:8:\”stdClass\”:3:{s:7:\”updates\”;a:1:{i:0;O:8:\”stdClass\”:9:{s:8:\”response\”;s:6:\”latest\”;s:8:

\”download\”;s:40:\”http://wordpress.org/wordpress-3.6.1.zip\”;s:6:\”locale\”;s:5:\”en_US\”;s:8:\”packages\”;O:8:

\”stdClass\”:4:{s:4:\”full\”;s:40:\”http://wordpress.org/wordpress-3.6.1.zip\”;s:10:\”no_content\”;s:51:

\”http://wordpress.org/wordpress-3.6.1-no-content.zip\”;s:11:\”new_bundled\”;s:52:\”http://wordpress.org/wordpress-3.6.1-

new-bundled.zip\”;s:7:\”partial\”;b:0;}s:7:\”current\”;s:5:\”3.6.1\”;s:11:\”php_version\”;s:5:\”5.2.4\”;s:13:

\”mysql_version\”;s:3:\”5.0\”;s:11:\”new_bundled\”;s:3:\”3.6\”;s:15:\”partial_version\”;s:0:\”\”;}}s:12:\”last_checked

\”;i:1382189745;s:15:\”version_checked\”;s:5:\”3.6.1\”;}’ WHERE option_name = ‘_site_transient_update_core’ made by

do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, wp_version_check, set_site_transient, update_site_option, update_option

and

[01-Nov-2013 11:20:41 UTC] WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query SELECT ID FROM wp_posts WHERE (1=0

OR post_content LIKE ‘%[businessdirectory]%’ OR post_content LIKE ‘%[business-directory]%’ OR post_content LIKE

‘%[WPBUSDIRMANUI]%’) AND post_status = ‘publish’ AND post_type = ‘page’ LIMIT 1 made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’),

require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/responsive/page.php’), the_content, apply_filters

(‘the_content’), call_user_func_array, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback, do_shortcode_tag, call_user_func,

WPBDP_DirectoryController->dispatch, WPBDP_DirectoryController->submit_listing, WPBDP_SubmitListingPage->dispatch,

WPBDP_SubmitListingPage->step_listing_fields, WPBDP_SubmitListingPage->step_images, WPBDP_SubmitListingPage-

>step_before_save, WPBDP_SubmitListingPage->step_save, WPBDP_SubmitListingPage->render, wpbdp_render, wpbdp_render_page,

include(‘/plugins/business-directory-plugin/templates/submit-listing/done.tpl.php’), get_permalink, get_post_permalink,

apply_filters(‘post_type_link’), call_user_func_array, WPBDP_ListingsAPI->_post_link, wpbdp_get_page_link,

wpbdp_get_page_link, wpbdp_get_page_link, wpbdp_get_page_link, wpbdp_get_page_link, wpbdp_get_page_link,

wpbdp_get_page_link, wpbdp_get_page_link, wpbdp_get_page_link, wpbdp_get_page_link, wpbdp_get_page_link,

wpbdp_get_page_link, wpbdp_get_page_id

these are some of other lines from error log, the size of file is still increasing & finally I was able to download,split&view the file :/

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘3.6 GB error log file’ is closed to new replies.