User Activation Keys
3.6 ? (7 posts)

1. TeaMike
    Posted 2 years ago #

just installed this but clicking the delete uncecessary key doesn't actually delete it, just refresh the page?

2. David Sader
    Plugin Author

Posted 2 years ago #

I knew I forgot to upload something a few months back. lol

I do have a fixed version of this plugin that I'll push to the plugin repo in a few days.

3. David Sader
    Plugin Author

Posted 2 years ago #

Actually, I just downloaded the current version of the plugin(3.5.1) and it still works for me. Keys delete as I expect. Just tried it on a batch of recent registrations and it worked.

I have this plugin installed on an up-to-date WP multisite network.

Any other troubleshooting information you can provide?

4. okso
    Posted 2 years ago #

Hi David,
    Just found I experience the same issue. I have .php in mu-plugins on MU. Delete key just refreshed page without effect.
    wp3.6.1 MU

When you say it worked for you, was that on removal of subsite key, or root site I wonder?

5. DesktopMasters
    Posted 1 year ago #

I am having this refresh issue trying to remove a key using the username of temp and temp@desktopmasters.com while temp1 and temp1@desktopmasters.com seems to work fine. Also.. "uncecessary" is actually spelled "unnecessary". You have a typo in your interface.

THANK YOU for this amazing app. It has made my life so much better. (:

6. DesktopMasters
    Posted 1 year ago #

Update, while testing my registration I got a temp1 account that does the same thing. There is something in random accounts that is preventing them from being deleted. I would be happy to work with you on this and give you direct access to troubleshoot.

7. David Sader
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Yeah, there was something wonky there. So, I slimmed down some of the code in the plugin. I have it working reliably the way I use it so I have it updated in the WordPress Plugin page now.

Updated plugin to v3.5.2
    Tested up to: WP 3.9.2, removed batch delete, improved deleting an individual user key.

I don't use the batch delete buttons, so I just commented them out. Can't be too many peeps using them because they don't seem to work reliably. I only ever approve or delete a user activation key one at a time anyway.

(I left the old code commented to compare if you are into that. )

Post here again if it still does't do what you expect.

(The sites I manage have a flood of new signups with the start of each new school year, so it takes a while to spot the bugs when they pop up.)

Thanks your your post.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

• User Activation Keys
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic

No tags yet.