• Hi all, A greeny to WordPress here. But Since I have installed what I believed to be the latest version of WP it has asked me to upgrade to 3.5 at the very top. I click to upgrade but it simply doesn’t shift passed the Unpacking the update message.(5mins) Other than once when there was a message that read something like some space needed to be expanded or not enough room…confused

Appreciate the help.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

But Since I have installed what I believed to be the latest version of WP it has asked me to upgrade to 3.5 at the very top

If you want to know the Wp version you are currently running, check in the dashboard (admin).

I click to upgrade but it simply doesn’t shift passed the Unpacking the update message

you may want to try manual update.

Make sure you backup everything (including your database) before doing any actions, just in case.

Thread Starter seanhotter

(@seanhotter)

Thank you t-p

It wasn’t clear at fist but now I see where to view the current wordpress version. In the section – ‘RIGHT NOW’

Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

you are welcome 🙂

Thread Starter seanhotter

(@seanhotter)

Not sure if I should start a new thread – but I have no visible website after manual update to 3.5.

The plugins were deactivated and I ran the backup plugin ‘online backup for wordpress’

The only thing I can think of is that it didn’t backup completely. Partial (1 error)

Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

I suggest start a new thraed for a new issue.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘3.5 upgrade unpacking timeout’ is closed to new replies.