WordPress.org

Support

Support » How-To and Troubleshooting » 3.5 Upgrade Created Major Problems

3.5 Upgrade Created Major Problems

• How can I downgrade back to 3.4.2? When I upgraded there are multiple problems including not being able to add images and also not being able to switch between visual and html…I can only see or alter the visual.
    I followed one post about downloading 3.4.2, deleting my 3.5 folders in FTP and then uploading the 3.4.2 files and that did not work.
    This is a huge roadblock for me, please help!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • esmi

@esmi

Forum Moderator

Did you make a pre-upgrade database backup? In the meantime, try reviewing http://wordpress.org/support/topic/troubleshooting-wordpress-35-master-list

Thank you. No, I did not create a pre-upgrade database backup. I did read the master list and have (in the last 24 hours) tried all of the options and it has not worked. I just don’t understand why i can click the “add media button” but it doens’t do anything and same with the “html” tab which I see is now named “text”. So frustrating that NOTHING works.

esmi

@esmi

Forum Moderator

Start by:

– switching to the Twenty Twelve theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.

resetting the plugins folder by PhpMyAdmin.

– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder – from a fresh download of WordPress 3.5. Make sure that you delete the old copies of files & folder before uploading the new ones.

You cannot use 3.4 files with a 3.5 database.

HA! So it is the theme, the buttons work with Twenty Twelve…what do I do now?

esmi

@esmi

Forum Moderator

Where did you download your original theme from?

Themeforest.net

esmi

@esmi

Forum Moderator

Then you need to contact the theme’s developer via the Themeforest site. We do not support commercial themes here.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘3.5 Upgrade Created Major Problems’ is closed to new replies.