WordPress.org

Forums

3.5 Upgrade Created Major Problems (8 posts)

1. alyssadilts
    Posted 2 years ago #

How can I downgrade back to 3.4.2? When I upgraded there are multiple problems including not being able to add images and also not being able to switch between visual and html...I can only see or alter the visual.
    I followed one post about downloading 3.4.2, deleting my 3.5 folders in FTP and then uploading the 3.4.2 files and that did not work.
    This is a huge roadblock for me, please help!

2. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago #

Did you make a pre-upgrade database backup? In the meantime, try reviewing http://wordpress.org/support/topic/troubleshooting-wordpress-35-master-list

3. alyssadilts
    Posted 2 years ago #

Thank you. No, I did not create a pre-upgrade database backup. I did read the master list and have (in the last 24 hours) tried all of the options and it has not worked. I just don't understand why i can click the "add media button" but it doens't do anything and same with the "html" tab which I see is now named "text". So frustrating that NOTHING works.

4. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago #

Start by:

- switching to the Twenty Twelve theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.

- resetting the plugins folder by PhpMyAdmin.

- re-uploading all files & folders - except the wp-content folder - from a fresh download of WordPress 3.5. Make sure that you delete the old copies of files & folder before uploading the new ones.

You cannot use 3.4 files with a 3.5 database.

5. alyssadilts
    Posted 2 years ago #

HA! So it is the theme, the buttons work with Twenty Twelve...what do I do now?

6. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago #

Where did you download your original theme from?

7. alyssadilts
    Posted 2 years ago #

Themeforest.net

8. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago #

Then you need to contact the theme's developer via the Themeforest site. We do not support commercial themes here.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic