• Resolved Sparanoid

(@sparanoid)

I enable Google mod_pagespped (https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/mod) stable version on my server with default configuration. but the new media uploader doesn’t work with it. The following error showing up in Console:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL load-scripts.php,qc=0,aload,5B,5D=admin-bar,,hoverIntent,,common,,jquery-ui-widget,,jquery-ui-position,,wp-pointer,,wp-ajax-response,,jquery-color,,wp-lists,,quicktags,,jqu,aload,5B,5D=ery-query,,admin-comments,,jquery-ui-core,,jquery-ui-mouse,,jquery-ui-sortable,,postbox,,dashboard,,customize-base,,customize-loader,,thi,aload,5B,5D=ckbox,,plugin-install,,underscore,,shortcode,,media-upload,,backbone,,media-models,,plupload,,plupload-html5,,plupload-flash,,plupload-sil,aload,5B,5D=verlight,,plupload-html4,,wp-plupload,,media-views,,media-editor,,word-count,,jquery-ui-resizable,,jquery-ui-draggable,,jquery-ui-button,aload,5B,5D=,,jquery-ui-dialog,,wpdialogs,,wplink,,wpdialogs-popup,aver=3.5-RC4-23115.pagespeed.jm.cCB9FUYs4G.js:32
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Please add

define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true);

to your wp-config.php file and try again. That should help in tracking down which of the combined scripts is causing the issue.

Hi Tunghsiao,

Are you still having issues with mod_pagespeed on a fresh copy of 3.5?

Thread Starter Sparanoid

(@sparanoid)

Hi Drew,

Sorry for my late reply. I upgraded to 3.5 release and added define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true); to my wp-config.php, the media uploader works as expected. But when I commented out the debug code. I got the same error again.

Same here. I am using mod_pagespeed and WordPress 3.5, but can’t use the media uploader without define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true); in my wp-config.php.

Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ Advisor and Activist

What host are you guys on, and did you install Google Pagespeed on your own, or did they do it?

@ipstenu, this looks like a known issue that you are aware of.

I’m on a dedicated server running CentOS 6.3 64-bit. I installed mod_pagespeed using the yum package manager, following the instructions provided by Google, with a largely unchanged configuration file.

I was able to modify my configuration to exclude anything with wp-admin in it, and this fixed the problem without having to modify each of my blog’s wp-config.php files. I just had to add this line to my pagespeed.conf, then restart Apache: ModPagespeedDisallow */wp-admin/*

It’d be great if this configuration change wasn’t necessary. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help test/troubleshoot this issue.

Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ Advisor and Activist

Well you sure made one of my coworkers feel a lot less crazy πŸ™‚ (That list is actually curated by all the forum mods, I just posted it, so I didn’t know we added that. I wasn’t 100% sure this wasn’t just the company I work for having a problem!)

Hello from the mod_pagespeed team.

The workaround of ‘disallow */wp-admin/*’ is a fine one. We’ve seen this before. We’d love to understand better what the problem is with mod_pagespeed’s optimizations in the /wp-admin/ page and figure out how to resolve them.

Would it be possible to tell us the full URL from the original comment? The one that begins with “load-scripts.php,qc=0,alo” and ends with “5-RC4-23115.pagespeed.jm.cCB9FUYs4G.js”?

Hopefully this is something we can resolve in mod_pagespeed itself.

Thanks!
    -Josh

Thread Starter Sparanoid

(@sparanoid)

Thanks for all your replies.

@j_marantz Yes, here’s the full URL in console:

load-scripts.php,qc=1,aload,5B,5D=admin-bar,,hoverIntent,,common,,wp-ajax-response,,jquery-color,,wp-lists,,quicktags,,jquery-query,,admin-comments,,jquery-ui-core,,jquery-,aload,5B,5D=ui-widget,,jquery-ui-mouse,,jquery-ui-sortable,,postbox,,dashboard,,customize-base,,customize-loader,,thickbox,,plugin-install,,underscor,aload,5B,5D=e,,shortcode,,media-upload,,backbone,,media-models,,plupload,,plupload-html5,,plupload-flash,,plupload-silverlight,,plupload-html4,,wp-plu,aload,5B,5D=pload,,media-views,,media-editor,,word-count,,jquery-ui-resizable,,jquery-ui-draggable,,jquery-ui-button,,jquery-ui-position,,jquery-ui-,aload,5B,5D=dialog,,wpdialogs,,wplink,,wpdialogs-popup,aver=3.5.pagespeed.jm.s7BQkxZ53Z.js:32

And I also got a workaround solution by disable rewrite_javascript in pagespeed.conf:

ModPagespeedDisableFilters rewrite_javascript

I know it’s one of the core functions but this works for me.

Thanks Tunghsaio.

Can you provide the entire URL including the domain and path?

I did not think we had a bug in our JS minifier but it seems likely, based on your experience, that we do. With a testcase of JS text we can find it & fix it.

Thanks!
    -Josh

Thread Starter Sparanoid

(@sparanoid)

@j_marantz

Here it is:

http://postholic.com/wp-admin/load-scripts.php,qc=1,aload,5B,5D=admin-bar,,hoverIntent,,common,,wp-ajax-response,,jquery-color,,wp-lists,,quicktags,,jquery-query,,admin-comments,,jquery-ui-core,,jquery-,aload,5B,5D=ui-widget,,jquery-ui-mouse,,jquery-ui-sortable,,postbox,,dashboard,,customize-base,,customize-loader,,thickbox,,plugin-install,,underscor,aload,5B,5D=e,,shortcode,,media-upload,,backbone,,media-models,,plupload,,plupload-html5,,plupload-flash,,plupload-silverlight,,plupload-html4,,wp-plu,aload,5B,5D=pload,,media-views,,media-editor,,word-count,,jquery-ui-resizable,,jquery-ui-draggable,,jquery-ui-button,,jquery-ui-position,,jquery-ui-,aload,5B,5D=dialog,,wpdialogs,,wplink,,wpdialogs-popup,aver=3.5.pagespeed.jm.s7BQkxZ53Z.js

Thanks again! Sorry to bother you. I probably need the HTML file that loads that script.

That script by itself (I hand-decoded the .pagespeed. url) without mod_pagespeed gets an undefined reference (Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined load-scripts.php:2). I reproduced using this HTML:

[ Moderator Note: Please post code or markup snippets between backticks or use the code button. ]

<script src="http://postholic.com/wp-admin/load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=admin-bar,hoverIntent,common,wp-ajax-response,jquery-color,wp-lists,quicktags,jquery-query,admin-comments,jquery-ui-core,jquery-&load[]=ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,postbox,dashboard,customize-base,customize-loader,thickbox,plugin-install,underscor&load[]=e,shortcode,media-upload,backbone,media-models,plupload,plupload-html5,plupload-flash,plupload-silverlight,plupload-html4,wp-plu&load[]=pload,media-views,media-editor,word-count,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-&load[]=dialog,wpdialogs,wplink,wpdialogs-popup&ver=3.5"></script>

Probably that’s a red herring and you have that jQuery defined by some earlier scripts (I can guess which one, I know). But I want to make sure I reproduce your testcase.

Thread Starter Sparanoid

(@sparanoid)

@j_marantz

HTML output (will expire in 24 hrs):

http://pastebin.com/jN2qbDhg

mod_pagespeed enabled with default settings. WP_DEBUG is off.

If it’s necessary to login to the backend Dashboard, I can create a temporary account for you πŸ™‚

I had two problems writing the HTML from your pastebin into a file and loading that into Chrome. They were related to CSS & JS from ‘akismet’. Those resources were returning 403 (not authorized). This was showing up in Firebug for me. I am wondering if this is related to mod_pagespeed issue 582.

Are you running Apache as a reverse proxy?

I resolved those issues by editing those two ‘akismet’ URLs to strip out the .pagespeed. syntax and fetch instead the origin resources. Then the HTML loads with errors in Chrome.

Thread Starter Sparanoid

(@sparanoid)

@j_marantz: I think this issue is not related with the media manager. After commenting out Akismet css and js files. I still got the same error when I click “Add media” button, In my case, this button: https://files.sparanoid.com/image-ZfGbf4UzOp.png

However, yes, the problem you described is another one, I’m running Apache as a backend and I put nginx as a reserve proxy in front of it. Thanks for the hint.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘3.5 RC3 New media uploader doesn't work with Google mod_pagespeed’ is closed to new replies.