Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I can’t reproduce any of this. Can you try clearing your browser’s cache and then try again?

Thread Starter Sharon Austin

(@sharonaustin)

Good morning, and may I first say how much I am absolutely, positively LOVING 3.5 and the 2012 theme. I am blown away. Thank you SO much for everything you and the WordPress team do.

Per your request, I cleared cache, and tried again with 3.5RC4.

There’s an improvement, in that a “thumbnail” of the featured image now appears in the small metabox for the Featured Image.

The expectation is that the featured image would either appear in the body of the page, or in the header, if it was larger than the header. It’s not showing up anywhere but in the metabox area. Perhaps I should not be expecting that with 3.5, so please let me know if I’m expecting something I shouldn’t.

I’ve created a page on the testsite with additional screenshots for more detail: ‘http://red-hound.com/wordpress35rc3/featured-image-tests/featured-image-test-cache-cleared-3-5-rc4/

Again, thank you for EVERYTHING, and I can’t say strongly enough how much we love 3.5 on the 2012 theme.

Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

🏳️‍🌈 Advisor and Activist

What theme are you testing? 2012?

Where the featured image gets used is entirely theme dependent.

(@sharonaustin)

Hi Mika, yes, I’m using a child of 2012. It also happened on the default 2012 theme. What is expected to happen in the 2012 theme when the featured image is set?

And thanks again for the awesome things you and the team do!

It will only display specifically where the theme developer has decided for it to display.

It lets the developer use the techniques described in (for example) http://robcubbon.com/featured-images-wordpress/ or http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Thumbnails

This isn’t a bug report against trunk, it’s just a case of miscommunication of intent (possibly needing better documentation or reference? Not a common one…)

(@sharonaustin)

I think you are exactly right. When Mika made mention that “where the featured image gets used is entirely theme dependent” I forgot that in the 3.42 test case, I was using the 2011 theme.

These links you provided will help greatly, I’m sure.

Thanks so much to EVERYONE on the WordPress team for all you do.

I’ll go ahead and close this topic for myself, and work with the information from the links provided above. Thanks again.

How is the featured image now set/activated? The button has gone from the previous version.

(@sharonaustin)

Hi Tom, when I was testing 3.5 RC3, there was a button available for me to upload the featured image. However, I’m no longer working with any of the release candidates since the official 3.5 version came out yesterday.

I haven’t had the chance to test out featured image in the latest version–honestly, there are so many other issues taking priority right now, I don’t anticipate working with featured images in the near future at all. Please accept my apologies, but I have no additional information to offer you at this time.

Perhaps, now that the official version of 3.5 is out, there could be some help via some forums other than the Alpha/Beta forums?

Best regards, and best of luck to you!

Thanks very much, I found this via Google search, so I’ll attempt to search for/ask in a more relevant place!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘3.5 RC3 Featured Image not working’ is closed to new replies.