Since automatic updates to 3.5 I have the following problems:
- visual editor is not working - can write in text only and there is no toolbar
- the media uploader does not insert images into posts
I have read other troubleshooting advice and tried the following:
- disabling plugins
- switching to twentytwelve theme
- downloading a fresh version of 3.5 and manually reinstalling all folders other than wp-content
- adding the line of code as follows to end of wp-config.php file:
define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false ); and re-uploading the file
I use the Weaver II Pro theme for all my sites.
Nothing has fixed the problem with WordPress 3.5. Now I have six different sites to which I can upload only text.
Although I can use FTP and find my way around Hostgator's CPanel, I am not a techie and generally, I can't fix problems with code, although I did manage to add the recommended line of code to the wp-config.php file.
I guess what I want to know is (since I can't roll back my sites to the previous version without re-posting everything): will there be an updated version of 3.5 SOON that can fix all these problems with an automatic update?
Here's the site where I first had the problem... but I've checked a couple of my other sites and have exactly the same issues.