Support » Fixing WordPress » 3.5 gives error

• Upgrading to 3.5 produces
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/wyz/public_html/sites/wp-includes/post.php on line 3588
    Any tips?
    -Hans

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • esmi

(@esmi)

Forum Moderator

Try:
    – switching to the Twenty Twelve theme by renaming your current theme’s folder inside wp-content/themes and adding “-old” to the end of the folder name using FTP or whatever file management application your host provides.

resetting the plugins folder by FTP or phpMyAdmin.

– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder – from a fresh download of WordPress. Make sure that you delete the old copies of files & folder before uploading the new ones.

– running the upgrade manually via wp-admin/upgrade.php

I had the same problem – in hoping to avoid anything too complicated – I began deactivating my plugins to see if one of them was the source cause. One of them upon deactivation removed the problem. I continued to deactivate more plugins and then when i reactivated all the plugins the problem was gone. Not very scientific i guess, but it seems to have cleared the error and possibly an alternate option to try as well.

Hi,
    Can you tell us which plugin it was?
    I was under the impression that the cause could have been multisite being enabled.
    CU
    Hans

Hi esmi,
    It appeared to be Theme my Login.
    In any case, disabling all plugins or resetting the site was not an option: this is a multisite installation, and I couldn’t risk to break everything.
    -hkr

If it still helps at this point Theme my Login is also one of the plugins i use. I cant be sure which caused the problem with my site – if any – because I did a straight line ‘deactivate’. However I can also add that when all plugins were then reactivated – the problem no longer existed. (my apologies for the delayed reply to your question hlr – i hope your issue is already solved).

Same plugin same problem and this solution works.. sucks :/ kinda needed that plugin

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘3.5 gives error’ is closed to new replies.