Support » Alpha/Beta » [Resolved] 3.5 : Re-order images in Gallery broken

[Resolved] 3.5 : Re-order images in Gallery broken

• daniosauris

Trying to re-order images in the gallery page, I used to be able to drag and drop an image above or below but can no longer do that. I downgraded back down to 3.4.3 and it worked again, so it is particular to 3.5 as of today Oct 13

Now when I click on one of the images it selects the box around it but does not allow me to move it

Using “Rhea” wordpress theme

This is my first post so please help me – if you need to see any code or screenshots whatsoever feel free to ask and I will post it- thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Drew Jaynes

Docs Czar

Hi daniosauris,

When you’re attempting to rearrange media items, are you using the popup accessed by clicking the old ‘Upload/Insert’ button, or are you instead using the new ‘Beta Media’ button?

If you’re using the old ‘Upload/Insert’ button, you might want to try the new ‘Beta Media’ button as media handling in WordPress 3.5 is being completely overhauled.

Hi there,

I am working on the same kind of thing, I can move the images around in to the right place within the media popup window, but when I save my work and look at the Gallery within the browser, the image have not changed position and are in the original uploaded position.

If I go back to the gallery and look at the position of the images. There they are correct! Help

Kind regards

I’m seeing the same bug in the 3.4 branch. I can confirm the new WordPress 3.5 media experience WILL fix this bug when it’s released.

I had the same problem. Deactivating Post Types Order plugin fixed it.

Hi there tgski

I don’t have this plug-in running on the current installation of WordPress.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] 3.5 : Re-order images in Gallery broken’ is closed to new replies.