Support » Fixing WordPress » 3.5 Broke "Create Link" button and "Text" tab in post editor

• After upgrading to 3.5 I went to create a post and found that the create a link button was not functioning. Clicking on it produced no popup like it usually does. Figuring it was a new patch problem I decided to go to text editor to manually create the link. The text tab would not work.

I am using WP 3.5. I cleared both my site and browser’s cache. I am using the latest release version of Firefox on Windows 7 64 bit machine. I have 8 plugins which I disabled and still had the same results.

The problem is in the editor in the admin area when attempting to create or edit posts.

Viewing 12 replies - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Ariel’s problem was caused by an older custom plugin that was enqueueing jQuery from Google’s API on admin_enqueue_scripts.

Same problem here, with this in the debugger :

Horodatage : 13/12/2012 01:50:49
    Erreur : TypeError: c.wpdialog is not a function
    Fichier Source : ( i removed the URL ) /wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wpdialogs/editor_plugin.js?ver=358-23156
    Ligne : 1

More information, in case it helps.

I deactivated ALL plugins with phpmyadmin.
    Changed my theme to Twenty Twelve.
    Cleaned my browser cache.
    Created a brand new user for the testing.

And I still got those two bugs :
    – clicking Text or Tab, nothing happens
    – no way to click to embed media, or create hyperlinks

I did this to generate an error log :
    – clean the error log
    – click in the wordpress admin top horizontal bar to create a new blog post
    – typed a a title, typed a few words, selected those words and clicked the “chain” icon to make them an hyperlink

Here’s the error log as seen in Firefox > Developer Tools > Error log > errors :
    http://pastebin.com/HmL37jJ7

Next comes : searching how to downgrade to the previous wordpress for a while.

EDIT : I also tried deleting the wp-admin and wp-includes folder, and reuploading them afresh from a wordpress-3.5.zip as downloaded from wordpress.org : no difference.

EDIT AGAIN : just when I had finished preparing for a downgrade, with double backups, pre-upload in a subfolder of the 3.4.2 files, I thought I could test as well adding
    define(‘SCRIPT_DEBUG’, true);
    in wp-config.php
    And you know what ? IT WORKED.
    For the life of me, I fail to comprehend.

Sabinou… THANK YOU!! Your solution worked also for me! Thanks for sharing it. That problem was driving me crazy…

Adding define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false ); to the bottom of my config.php file solved the problem for me.

Thanks Plywood!

define(‘CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS’, false );

to the bottom of the config.php file solved the problem in WP and in the plugins as well.

Hi there
    I’m experiencing the same problems (cant edit the HTML, add hyper links, add images and add tags) in Arjuna X theme.
    Deactivating plugins didn’t help.
    @plywood: can you just tell me where can I find my config.php file please.

You can find the wp-config.php at the root of your site.
    Its the file you modify from wp-config-sample.php when you first set up WP.

Do I need to go to the dashboard of my site or shall I look in the “View page source” to find config.php?
    I’m sorry, I really am newbie in all this.
    On a general note, are WP going to fix these bugs?

Same here… I upgraded my website from 3.4.2 to 3.5 and it broke my Add new post / page editor. You can see it here in this screenshot.

http://i45.tinypic.com/dlnuwy.png

It’s very hard to add posts now. I have already tried, disabling all plugins and have tried using the default themes. Nothing helped. I have tried re-installing 3.5 again and again and it didn’t help. I do not know how degrade to the previous version.

@ pavpud
    No dashboard will not get you there – you got to access your WP file.

As per the Forum Welcome, please post your own topic. Posting in an existing topic prevents us from being able to track issues by topic. Added to which, your problem – despite any similarity in symptoms – is likely to be completely different.

Viewing 12 replies - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘3.5 Broke "Create Link" button and "Text" tab in post editor’ is closed to new replies.