Support » How-To and Troubleshooting » 3.4.2 Plugins ERROR Disabling themselves automatically

3.4.2 Plugins ERROR Disabling themselves automatically

• I have been working on my site for a few weeks now. Last week I started to run into the problem with my site showing these errors.

I am using GODADDY as my hosting.

(This is not happening during the install) Rather it is occuring when I go to my plugins page after I have activated them, after about 15 minutes.

Also when I get to my plugins page on the dashboard they all have disappeared. Then when I refresh the page a few times they show back up???

Seems to be a lot of people with the same issue. Is there a fix? I am very savvy would love to see someone give me some help here and be able to say it worked.

I have tried deleting everything from my FTP and using a clean install. It seems that I am recieving this error no matter what plugins I activate they all end up giving me the same error. It was not happening to me before and all of the sudden it is.

Also my dashboard seems to be a bit LAGGY sometimes. Could it be that I am using the latest version. I would think it would have less issues not more.

I really am getting annoyed to log in to my dashboard after making changes and then I get these errors. Someone please help.

The plugin akismet/akismet.php has been deactivated due to an error: The plugin does not have a valid header.
    The plugin formidable/formidable.php has been deactivated due to an error: The plugin does not have a valid header.
    The plugin jetpack/jetpack.php has been deactivated due to an error: The plugin does not have a valid header.
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Is there any way GoDaddy can actually fix this or do i just ask for my money back on the hosting ?

Can I keep my email and domain names registered at godaddy and just use another hosting plan somewhere else like hostgator?

Who really offers the best hosting to host multiple wordpress sites?

Forum Moderator

Although we cannot endorse them, there are some hosts listed here. Also searching the forums using the keywords “host” or “hosting” may provide you with some suggestions.

You should be able to keep your domain name with GD.

I like what I have read about host gator….now its a matter of talking to someone at godaddy and seeing if i can get a refund.

So I am just wondering what happens if I switch my hosting and I have the same issue?

See the list posted by esmi for possible hosts. WordPress should run decently well on even lower end servers, and I’ve done it. What you are seeing is very abnormal. Yes, you can have your domain registered at GoDaddy and host it elsewhere. You will need to change the DNS settings to the new host’s DNS servers.

So I spent a little bit of time with GoDaddy on the phone and did a little troubleshooting.

I have another site that I have that seems to load up just fine and rather quickly.

The GoDaddy agent I spoke with have me rename the plugins folder to plugins.bak

Then when I went to my site voila it loaded rather quickly.

He said it was disabling the plugins and that this is the root cause of my issues.

Here is a list of my current plugins:

So I am now going through and naming all of these to .bak individually and seeing if it solves my issue.

I recognize all but ‘formidable’. You should be able to run five plugins, though. You should be able to run three times that and still have better than 20 second load time.

I agree. The thing is when I disable the plugins by themselves….the site still seems to hang. When I disable the plugins folder it runs great.

Seems like the hosting is not the issue for now. If it was the hosting why is it when I load my other non wordpress site it works fine?

Is your other site dynamic or static (straight html)?

The other site is built using Adobe MUSE.

I am still having the slow loading issue with my wordpress site and nothing except disabling the plugin folder via ftp has fixed it.

Im at a stand still and very frustrated and fed up.

Seems to me the site got hacked or something but the security plugin I am running seems to think otherwise. I just dont get why it is running so slow.

So I went back to my site and as of right now have the plugin folder named

This is now still not solving any issue I am having with the site itself.

The other site is built using Adobe MUSE.

So it is a static site, correct? No PHP? No database? Just HTML? A site like that is a lot less demanding on a server.

Ok here is some interesting info.

I love to find out how things work and enjoy troubleshooting.

Yesterday a reverse ip look up told me that I had 600 sites on the same server as mine.

Today I find that there are 4200 sites on the my server.

Today the site wouldn’t even load and the rep from godaddy is changing my account from windows to Linux. Also he said that someone that was on my server was being a “bad neighbor”.

Seems to me that they really have every excuse out there and here i am spending another day of wasting time without my site being up.

Go Daddy

Go Daddy Support

I did not see how your site was performing prior to the move to Linux, but I’d be curious if you’re still having issues at this time. You’ll absolutely see improved performance running WordPress on Linux. Support definitely provided you with the the correct solution and that would have been my first suggestion as well once it was determined you were on Windows.

If you are still seeing any issues, however, I encourage you to let me know. Reach out to us anytime.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘3.4.2 Plugins ERROR Disabling themselves automatically’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar