• I updated WP to 3.3 today, which created a file upload issue using the new drag-n-drop upload solution. I then did some research and discovered that there were many people having the same issue. Then right before my eyes, the WP admin announced a newer 3.3.1 version that supposedly fixed those issues. So I proceeded to make the update to 3.3.1… but I still have the same file upload problem.

I tried to manually change permissions using my ftp to 777, but with no luck.

Can anyone help me fix this?

Thanks,
    Landon

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What exact issue are you having?

Thread Starter landonsea

(@landonsea)

When I upload a photo, it gives me this error: Unable to create directory /nfs/c02/h07/mnt/24067/domains/northwestboarder.com/html/wp-content/uploads/2012/01. Is its parent directory writable by the server?

Looks like WordPress isn’t being given to create folders on your server. I know you already said you tried setting permissions but obviously they didn’t work.

Not sure which host you use as I’ve never seen that type of structure before but I would contact them and see if they can help you out.

Can you go in and manually create the right folder(s) and WordPress not give you the error?

Looks like your wp-content folder is not writable on most cpanel 755 is enough check with host

Thread Starter landonsea

(@landonsea)

What doesn’t make sense to me though, is that my site worked fine before doing the upgrade. So how can it be server related?

That depends, had you previously been able to upload photos without any errors?

It has to be server related because the error shows that WordPress doesn’t have enough permission to create folders on your server.

I’m having a similar issue with image uploading. Everything worked fine until I updated to 3.3.1. I can’t even see the “drop image here” area on my Mac running Safari or Firefox and the “select files” button isn’t working. When I hop over on my PC everything works fine. Any ideas?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘3.3.1 file upload issue’ is closed to new replies.