My hosting service is Netfirms.
PhP is 5.2.12.
I have several blogs, including a sandbox I set up before I ever upgraded, considering my experience with 3.1. The sandbox was a clean 3.2.1 install into which I put the three themes I use, including both a hack and a child of twenty-ten. This site worked perfectly and still does. I also installed all plug-ins that I use.
But my years’ old blog: http://www.krandle.com/kstreetjournal, once upgraded to 3.2.1, lost its visual editor.
We have been through the usual protocols. We have gotten down to removing core folders entirely to try to isolate the problem.
After hours of various tests, we have observed that the visual editor comes on line under all circumstances UNTIL an empty themes folder in wp-content has a theme placed in it. Any theme with any content. We have removed the wp-content file, placing it aside, created a new one and placed nothing in it. The Visual Editor had no problem coming up. We put everything back into it one piece at a time and had no problem. Finally, we inserted an empty THEMES folder. The moment we put even an index.php file into the themes folder, the visual editor no longer came up. If we removed ALL CHARACTERS and content from the index.php file, the Visual Editor came back on line.
We can load the themes folder with all the empty files we like, and the visual editor will function. But the second there is so much as one character entered into one file, the visual editor is gone. This has been repeatedly proved.
I just want to get back to my life.
- The topic ‘3.2.1 Visual Editor broken PERSONAL TOPIC’ is closed to new replies.