• Resolved mark_l

(@mark_l)

My host is telling me they are running MySQL version “5.0.77 (patched)” however wordpress is tilling me:

“You cannot update because WordPress 3.2 requires MySQL version 5.0 or higher. You are running version 4.1.22.”

I have run “WordPress 3.2 Requirements check” which gives:

“Your server does not meet the minimum requirements of MySQL version 5.0 or higher needed for WordPress 3.2. You are running MySQL version 4.1.22.”

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I’m seeing the same issue, wordpress reports the server version, not the client.

Also, all my plugins suddenly deactivated with a message about invalid headers after I changed to PHP5 and I can no longer upload new ones to the wp-content folder (it worked ok yesterday!)
    It looks like all plugins are now being sent to the /wp-content/update folder too.

Dion Hulse

(@dd32)

Meta Developer

My host is telling me they are running MySQL version “5.0.77 (patched)” however wordpress is tilling me:

“You cannot update because WordPress 3.2 requires MySQL version 5.0 or higher. You are running version 4.1.22.”

You’re going to need to get your host to re-check your database server, It may be that the MySQL instance you’re using is on a different server than the one they’ve checked (This has been the case for at least one other person).

WordPress is basing it’s update failure off the version number which the server your database is on is returning..

Thread Starter mark_l

(@mark_l)

Looks like this may have been the problem:

I can confirm the current version of MySQL is set to
    :: 4.1.22. We have plans to update this version, but we do not have an
    ETA for this at the moment, but the planning is in progress.

I guess I’m stuck at 3.1.4 until they get their act together!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘3.2 MySQL requirements’ is closed to new replies.