Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Ausy

(@ausy)

Same happened on my site after upgrade to latest version!

Mike Challis

(@mikechallis)

Sorry you are having trouble, I can help you figure out the cause, it might be a simple setting or a simple fix.

When asking for help, please post a URL to your page with the form. I might have been able to figure out the cause already if you had.

Please post the URL for help.
    And answer this question: Is this a single site or multi-site install?

I do have a couple ideas, so with your help, I can help you, then make a FAQ page about it.

Upgrade to the latest version,
    Cookies do not work across different domain names, so test for this condition:
    Look at the domain name your form is on, then right click where the CAPTCHA is, click “View Image” to make the image open in a page by itself. Or view the HTML source of the page. Now look at the domain name the CAPTCHA image is on. They are supposed to be the same domain name, even the www. part is important as it can be on both or not on not but not on just one. Is it different?
    If the domains are different, try solution 1 on this page:
    http://www.fastsecurecontactform.com/problem-captcha-image

If that was not the problem:
    Here is how to begin finding the cause. Let me know what you find.
    http://www.fastsecurecontactform.com/troubleshoot-errors-in-wordpress

Mike

Thread Starter brianism

(@brianism)

Yes, I should have included the URL.

So, I upgraded back to the 3.1.8.2. Here are the results.
    This is a single site install. http://brianleetest.com/contact/
    The URL of the CAPTCHA is:
    http://brianleetest.com/wp-content/plugins/si-contact-form/captcha/securimage_show.php?ctf_form_num=1
    I’m using the Zend theme. I changed back to 2012 and the behavior and URLs are the same with both themes.

This error message appears: “That CAPTCHA was incorrect. Try again.”

Thanks,
    Brian

Mike Challis

(@mikechallis)

The URLs are ok.
    I suspect it could be a session not working because of a server misconfiguration (sessions are broken)? Sometimes error display is turned off, so you would have to turn on WordPress debugging to see if you get a error, then it can be known if it is a session error or not.

This page tells you how to turn on debugging temporarily to test

Let me know if that reveals it, if not
    You should also try the other suggestions on the help page to rule out plugin or theme causes.

If you cannot find anything, I would still like to try helping because maybe I can fix something

Mike

Thread Starter brianism

(@brianism)

Hi Mike,

I don’t know php error codes very well. I am leaving debugging on for a bit while I have lunch. Would you like to take a look at it?

brianleetest.com/contact/

In case you don’t get to see it for yourself, here’s what happens when the page loads:

At the top of the page:
    Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2959 Warning: session_start(): open(pass/sess_5q03g6mshbj6k6fo4kknkl67t6, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/plugins/si-contact-form/si-contact-form.php on line 1997 Notice: Undefined variable: config in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/themes/zend/functions.php on line 435 Notice: Undefined variable: data in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/themes/zend/header.php on line 19 Notice: Undefined index: defaults in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/plugins/custom-sidebars/customsidebars.php on line 506 Notice: Undefined variable: sb in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/plugins/custom-sidebars/customsidebars.php on line 98 Notice: Undefined index: bg_type in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/themes/zend/admin/functions/functions.php on line 131

At the bottom of the page:
    Warning: Unknown: open(pass/sess_5q03g6mshbj6k6fo4kknkl67t6, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (pass) in Unknown on line 0

And here’s what happens when I fill in the fields and hit Submit:

At the top of the page:
    Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2959 Warning: session_start(): open(pass/sess_5q03g6mshbj6k6fo4kknkl67t6, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/plugins/si-contact-form/si-contact-form.php on line 1997 Notice: Undefined index: fsc_shortcode_email_to_1 in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/plugins/si-contact-form/si-contact-form-process.php on line 182 Notice: Undefined variable: config in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/themes/zend/functions.php on line 435 Notice: Undefined variable: data in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/themes/zend/header.php on line 19 Notice: Undefined index: defaults in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/plugins/custom-sidebars/customsidebars.php on line 506 Notice: Undefined variable: sb in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/plugins/custom-sidebars/customsidebars.php on line 98 Notice: Undefined index: bg_type in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/themes/zend/admin/functions/functions.php on line 131

At the bottom of the page:
    Warning: Unknown: open(pass/sess_5q03g6mshbj6k6fo4kknkl67t6, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (pass) in Unknown on line 0

Thanks,
    Brian

Mike Challis

(@mikechallis)

It is a session problem, fix that then turn off debugging
    http://www.fastsecurecontactform.com/session-start-error

Thread Starter brianism

(@brianism)

Thanks Mike, I’m learning things from you!

Sean Donovan

(@mrsdonovan)

I just upgraded and have a similar problem, the captchas stopped working and/or the entire page goes blank. The settings page of the plugin is also blank.

I am running the latest version of WordPress and cleared the W3 Total Cache and my browsers cache. Tried it in FF, Chrome and Safari.

I will play with it in my development environment, but for now have switched back to the older version.

I have had no trouble with FSC before.

Mike Challis

(@mikechallis)

It is most likely sessions are broken on your server.
    Easy to fix

Here is how to begin finding the cause. Let me know what you find.

How to fix broken sessions
    http://www.fastsecurecontactform.com/session-start-error

Mike

Thread Starter brianism

(@brianism)

I put in a ticket with my hose and they have gotten the session start error to stop. The CAPTCHA error is still there though. “That CAPTCHA was incorrect. Try again.”

There is now no debug code at the bottom of the page, just on the top:
    Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2959 Notice: Undefined variable: config in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/themes/zend/functions.php on line 435 Notice: Undefined variable: data in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/themes/zend/header.php on line 19 Notice: Undefined index: defaults in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/plugins/custom-sidebars/customsidebars.php on line 506 Notice: Undefined variable: sb in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/plugins/custom-sidebars/customsidebars.php on line 98 Notice: Undefined index: bg_type in /hsphere/local/home/c183717/brianleetest.com/wp-content/themes/zend/admin/functions/functions.php on line 131

I will need to turn off debug soon to show the client some things.

Thanks for your help.
    – Brian

Mike Challis

(@mikechallis)

If you turn off debug now, the CAPTCHA might work

Thread Starter brianism

(@brianism)

Unfortunately it didn’t. I switched back to the previous version for my dog and pony show for the client tomorrow.

rl7greg

(@rl7greg)

Same issue as http://wordpress.org/support/topic/captcha-code-always-incorrect?replies=9 – I see brianism is still using 3.1.8.1 to get captcha to work – I had 3.1.7.? and captcha was working as well. I’m going to follow up on the other thread

Mike Challis

(@mikechallis)

This problem does not effect everybody, nor is is a WP 3.5.1 issue.
    The only reason you would always get “That CAPTCHA was incorrect. Try again.” would be a PHP sessions issue.

There is more than one possible cause and it requires a few minutes of troubleshooting, so I made a help page for this:
    http://www.fastsecurecontactform.com/captcha-always-incorrect

algpres

(@algpres)

Hi Mike – I’m a big fan of your work (and a contributor). I’m having the same problem as the others in this thread. I moved my site to two other hosts as a test, and the Captcha still isn’t working. I reverted back to 3.1.8.1 and it began working.

I’ve spent three hours trying your fixes and still no success. I’m really not trying to give you a hard time about this, but because of all the trouble that some people (like me) are having is there any way you can change back to the way it used to work in the last version?

Best,

– Cary

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘3.1.8.2 Captcha doesn't work for me’ is closed to new replies.