• Issues:
    Screen options wont open
    Widgets wont open or drag
    Can not add tags to post

I’ve already tried:
    Deactivating all plugins

I just want to go back to 3.1.4 and I do have a database bak file. Can someone help me?

Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • I’m having problems with the widget screen as well. I’ve tried it in Chrome, FireFox, and IE9. Still no luck.

I used the health check and it said everything was okay with my dreamhost installation.

this is strange. It’s working now…

All I did was install the Best Tester plugin activate it. (Then had second thoughts). Then deactivated it.

Now my widgets work…

I too am having this problem only it appears in all browsers I have – Firefox, Chrome and IE8.

I have tried deactivating all plugins with no luck.
    I have searched for the “Best Tester plugin” mentioned above but cannot find anything by this name.

How have others fixed this problem?

Nicole

Ok so I have figured out my problem. On the update a couple of the new files did not go up via ftp correctly and were shown in the failed transfers area in my ftp client as there were temp files on the server causing problems. I simply deleted the temp files and the re-uploaded the problematic files and now I can drag and drop widgets again.

Therefore for anyone else with this problem double check your update has been fully implemented correctly.

Just tried the ‘fix’ for this 3.2.1 but still the same in FF5. OK in IE8.
    (IE8 = Internet Explorer 8.)

I share this fix in case it is pertinent to your setup. It works for mine, but may have no use for others.

I lost drag and drop functionality (and perhaps more) in the menu admin interface after updating to 3.2.1. I was able to get it working again when I commented out the code in my custom functions.php file that was deregistering WP’s jquery and replacing it with the library hosted by google. This is what the original code looked like:

/* 	Deregister native jquery and register google's */
    wp_deregister_script( 'jquery' );
    wp_register_script( 'jquery', 'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.2/jquery.min.js');
    wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery' );

My issue with drop and drag, widgets not opening, etc… was my theme was out of date and it effected my admin. Took me two days to figure it out !! So if you have these kind of problems, change your theme and see if it works before you spend a lot of time on other things like I did πŸ™‚

Same issue, am newbie to wordpress (this version since last year), noticed the issue when trying to drop & drag widgets to no avail. Am using 4 different themes for my site through 3 other folders besides root. Installed wordpress correctly into separate folders with separate files and separate wp-config.php for each with separate databases. (Wasn’t quite sure where to post this so is posted in one other place with JSON issues; my apology.)

Called godaddy they wouldn’t help with JSON said it was a javascript . . . Completely uninstalled wordpress one by one to be sure my multiple folders weren’t causing the issue.

Downloaded a new wordpress zip file, downloaded winzip just to be sure it wasn’t a windows extract all files issue, unzipped, dragged & dropped to my ws_ftp uploader. Tried it on my xp home computer to be sure it wasn’t a windows 7 issue (same, couldn’t drop/drag widgets in xp either).

Instead of using ws_ftp auto upload this time, created folders within root itself and uploaded file by file according to ASCII & Binary to root only (no additional folders this time).

I’ve trouble shooted from my end all I can & I REALLY need some expertise here. Below is the coding in my php.ini file (which godaddy tech says is current php file)- how/what do I change to get wordpress 3.2.1 to work correctly? I have deleted wordpress so there’s nothing to see right now at lindaloustarr.com – Breathe Possibility.

I went to php.net on the suggestion of godaddy tech and I am out of my league there . . .

Thank you so very much for your kind & speedy reply :>)
    —————————
    register_globals = off
    allow_url_fopen = off

expose_php = Off
    max_input_time = 60
    variables_order = “EGPCS”
    extension_dir = ./
    upload_tmp_dir = /tmp
    precision = 12
    SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.net
    url_rewriter.tags = “a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset=”

; Only uncomment zend optimizer lines if your application requires Zend Optimizer support

;[Zend]
    ;zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15
    ;zend_extension_manager.optimizer=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-3.3.3
    ;zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer_TS-3.3.3
    ;zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-3.3.3/ZendExtensionManager.so
    ;zend_extension_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer_TS-3.3.3/ZendExtensionManager_TS.so

; — Be very careful to not to disable a function which might be needed!
    ; — Uncomment the following lines to increase the security of your PHP site.

;disable_functions = “highlight_file,ini_alter,ini_restore,openlog,passthru,
    ; phpinfo, exec, system, dl, fsockopen, set_time_limit,
    ; popen, proc_open, proc_nice,shell_exec,show_source,symlink”

Not a theme issue with me. Browser issue. I now have to use IE for any edits to websites.

WordPress 3.3 upgrade with FF8 Cannot open or drag widgets.

I fixed my issue by deleting everything and doing a manual install rather than ftp auto – discovered auto doesn’t always work the way you would think it should πŸ™‚

This occurred when I upgraded a WP install from 3.2 to 3.3 today.
    I upgraded via ftp overwriting all files. (WSFTP)
    Successfully upgraded this way dozens & dozens of times on many servers.
    Just not to 3.3 so, I am holding off on my other WordPress 3.x to 3.3 upgrades until my issue here is “fixed”.
    My 3.0.1 installs are fine.
    —————
    IE8 – Firefox 7.0.1. & Firefox 9.0.1 – Safari 3.2.3 (525.29)
    Cannot drag widgets or expand screen options or help in administration area.
    —————
    I have tried the hotfix .8.
    I have re-uploaded all files, again.
    Still have the same issue.
    —————
    I am on a cPanel shared server.

Operating System : Linux
    Server : Apache
    MYSQL Version : 5.0.92-community
    PHP Version : 5.2.12
    PHP Safe Mode : Off (info)
    PHP Memory Limit : 256M (info)
    PHP Max Upload Size : 50M (info)
    PHP Max Post Size : 8M (info)
    PHP Max Script Execute Time : 30s (info)
    PHP Exif support : Yes ( V1.4 ) (info)
    PHP IPTC support : Yes (info)
    PHP XML support : Yes (info)
    —————
    I ran ccleaner
    I ran ipconfig /flushdns
    I also dumped all cookies and history via each browsers gui.
    This is an ADMINISTRATION area issue, not a site theme issue but, I switched themes around as I decided it may alter something cached.

I may have to do a fresh install as @lindaloustarr suggested BUT,
    I have not investigated json yet.
    I have also not deactivated all plug ins yet.

I will update here.

Suggestions would be great, solutions would be coveted.

Well, I installed Services_JSON 1.0.3 via cpanel and no help.

Also a note, file upload window does not appear in Media/ Upload New Media either. Browser uploader or otherwise.

Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘3.1.4 to 3.2 and admin functions are not working’ is closed to new replies.