Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

🏳️‍🌈 Advisor and Activist

What’s the plugin? Can you link to it?

Thread Starter aarsla

(@w03d)

Thread Starter aarsla

(@w03d)

The above mentioned get_query_var now seems to work only if argument is passed directly to index.php. Passing argument in url after category name does not work as before 3.1.

I would like to know what would be a proper way of extending WP 3.1 to recognize my custom argument as a feed type like it does with “rss”, “rss2” and “atom”? They seem to work OK both on index.php and categories/tags etc.

Can anyone point me to article on how to do this?

Thank you

Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

🏳️‍🌈 Advisor and Activist

Possibly related to this… http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16639

Thread Starter aarsla

(@w03d)

Ipstenu,
    You are a life saver!

remove_filter(‘template_redirect’, ‘redirect_canonical’); did the trick, although I am on debian lenny/apache2 setup.

Thanks a lot!

I believe that this issue is also causing the plugin “The Events Calendar” to fail to do template re-writes when the site’s permalink structure includes %category% in the url.

See this link in the forum: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-the-events-calendar-compatibility-with-wordpress-31

Feeds should be registered with add_feed(). Plugins that use add_feed() rather than going going around it will not break like this in 3.1.

Canonical redirects for categories were fixed in 3.1. This fix results in the bad behavior you are seeing if the plugin does not use add_feed(). We might change WP to avoid doing canonical redirects for unregistered feeds, but plugins really should be using add_feed().

Thread Starter aarsla

(@w03d)

Thank Ryan,
    I will definitely look into fixing it the right way.

Will add_feed() support multiple arguments like ?feed=custom&page=2 or just first one?

Thanks a lot!

add_feed() just registers the callback for feed queries. add_feed(‘custom’, ‘callback_function_that_outputs_the_feed’). You don’t have to worry with what is in the url. ?feed=custom or /feed/custom/ or /feed/custom/?hey=you will trigger the callback.

I opened a ticket for turning off canonical redirects for unregistered feeds:

http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16704

Thread Starter aarsla

(@w03d)

Ecellent,
    I will change this ASAP.

Thank You!

I have a huge issue with “The Events Calendar” my site is promotersgala.com I have had this plugin on my site for my upgrade to wp 3.1 and it was working fine until I tried to add my sidebar and I also changed the div id and class wrapping the calendar to id=”main-content” and class=”main-content-other” I am using the Reviewit theme and also buddy press. The first issue is that the calendar suddenly appears on my home page and not my post widget. I cant get rid on the calendar unless i deactivate it. Also my widget displaying “Industry professionals” breaks as well it takes you to a calendar page when it should take you to the users website/profile. Please help I need this back to normal. Id even down grade my wp back to 3.0.5 or something to get it back to the way it was.

I am using permalink structure: /%post_id%/%postname%

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘3.1 rewrites’ is closed to new replies.