• I’ve tested new custom post type archive template feature and it’s working pretty fine for me, but as far as I can find out there is still no way to obtain date-based archive page for custom post type:

when adding year, month, date etc. parameters for request – the CPT ignored or 404 returned, so I can not find a way to make it work without additional hacking to request process.

Am I missing something and is that feature planing to be done for future?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • CPT archives in general seem to get pretty wonky to me.

Date based, category based or author based….. similar issues to what you are saying

Thread Starter Anna Ladoshkina

(@foralien)

@rev. Voodoo
    you’re right with that, but taxonomy-based or author-based archives could be quite easily build by forking appropriate taxonomy or author.php templates and modifying query object there (probably not in all cases, but in some at least).
    That’s a bit hacky but as a temporary solution could be OK. Unfortunately for date archive it does not work and it’s necessary to filter the request parsing process (it’s how I finally achive that) to build the date archive for CPT.

So presently only basic index for CPT works “out-of-the-box”… I think that’s a great motion from the 3.0 state but it’s not enough unfortunately 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘3.1 RC2: Custom post type archive by date’ is closed to new replies.