I've seen several topics related to this. Many of them are unfortunately outdated (WP 2.9 and older) and I haven't found a solution for WP 3.1 anywhere. So, forgive me for this but I have to ask, since the WP Smart Post plugin is no longer being developed how can I set up an option for my website visitors to have control over how posts are sorted on category pages?
A little background on the website:
- WP version: 3.1
- Caching plugin: W3 Total Cache
- Review plugin: MyReviewPlugin
- Default post sorting: Average rating highest to lowest
Additional sorting options I've been asked to provide:
- Average rating lowest to highest
- Alphabetical A-Z
- Alphabetical Z-A
- Published date newest to oldest
- Published date oldest to newest
- Number of comments most to least
- Number of comments least to most
Does anyone have a suggestion?