Support » Fixing WordPress » 301 redirects not working

• Resolved rgarner123

(@rgarner123)

Hello all,

I recently switched to a new wordpress server (on pair.com), uploaded all the content and such, it works great. However, no htaccess file was generated (don’t know why) so I made one myself and placed it in this string: /usr/home/aerolitewp/public_html/wp-isuqzicqsb

My problem is when trying to create a 301 redirect, nothing happens (404 error). I have even used plugins (i.e. Redirection) and none of them work, but the plugin did work when using the temporary wordpress domain (wp-isuqzicqsb.com) prior to me pointing the domain name over to the new server.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Site URL: aerolite.org

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  rgarner123.
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • site URL

Apologies, I have added it above.

Moderator bcworkz

(@bcworkz)

What have you specifically done to attempt a 301 redirect? What requests should be redirected to where?.

FYI, that post that made no sense was spam. It and your response to it have been removed.

Even I could not understand it.. Sorry to say but the language was practically unreadable. We are happy to help but we too need to be able to understand

Solved the issue. The redirections plugin was set to ‘apache’ and needed to be set to ‘wordpress’.

Moderator bcworkz

(@bcworkz)

Good to hear!

@prakashdayani – Your original post was marked as spam and removed because it contained a signature link and otherwise made little sense. Signatures are in violation of our guidelines, in particular when they include links. Any help you are able to provide to others is appreciated. However, these forums are not the place for self promotion, it is not tolerated here. When you have a few moments, please review the other guidelines to help ensure you do not get moderated again. Thanks for understanding.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘301 redirects not working’ is closed to new replies.