• Hi!

I would like to clean up my website and delete old posts (I have an event blog and changed the way I publish events, I would like to delete old events posts since I don’t use that method anymore). I think this will speed up my site as well, am I right in this thinking?

I have about 3,500 posts I would like to delete. I would like to redirect everything to my homepage.

I read a few ways to do it: Adding to the code/theme, YOAST SEO plugin. Any other ways I can do this in bulk?

I have also read its not good to redirect so many URLs to the homepage. Is this true?

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Jan Dembowski. Reason: Moved to Fixing WordPress, this is not an Developing with WordPress topic
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • I would put 301 redirects directly in the HTACCESS file.. Using a plugin usually stores them in the database and causes them to work a bit on the slower side since the database has to be called to find the correct url to forward it to. Also, when using a plugin the redirects can break whenever that plugin releases an updated version. All of that said, I am not sure if YOAST SEO stores them in the database or writes them to the HTACCESS file for you, most of the plugins that exist specifically for creating redirects do write them to the database though so I am guessing YOAST does too.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘301 Redirects Inquiry’ is closed to new replies.