• After moving my wordpress installation from localhost to my hosting domain i’ve got a problem in the header. It’s showing : “301 Moved Permanently nginx/1.2.7”. I’v e tried some changes but it doenst work out for me. Does someone got an idea?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

Have you renamed the wp-content/plugins directory via FTP or some other filemanagement tools that your host has provided you with?

Please post your nginx configuration, so that someone can look into it. Posting your domain name may also help.

Thread Starter menderto

(@menderto)

@ tara No I didn’t renamed the directory.

@ pothi I dont know where to find my nginx configuration, I’m new with it. The domain is http://www.mendert.nl/kerkeninhetzuiden/

Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

I didn’t renamed the directory

try it and see if it resolves the issue. Here are instructions: resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin.

Thread Starter menderto

(@menderto)

try it and see if it resolves the issue. Here are instructions: resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin.

I tried but it doesn’t help.

After moving my wordpress i have changed some values to the right url. (from localhost to my domain) When i searched for the resetting plugin through mysql, I saw at different values localhost:8888 in the url. Maybe there is something what causes the problem?

Thread Starter menderto

(@menderto)

Any one an idee?

another note: Before this problem i got the javascript1.6.3 was nog found. This problem was solved with a change in the link to jquery. After that problem this problem was came up.

If you did not use special tools to search and replace the site URL and paths in the database, you can experience many different problems.

Some of the URLs and paths are stored in ‘serialized’ strings which require these special tools.

Here is an article with the steps I use to migrate (copy) a site: http://wordpress.mcdspot.com/2012/08/22/migrating-a-wordpress-site-step-by-step/

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘301 problem after moving website from localhost to hosting’ is closed to new replies.