Support » Installing WordPress » 3.0 upgrade now my New Post links all show a blank page

• colordoctor

(@colordoctor)

Just updated to 3.o and installed F2 theme. But any link for New Posts loads a blank page. I cant add new posts! Help.
    Tried an alternate theme, did not help
    Any suggestions please

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

Turn off all your plugins.

colordoctor

(@colordoctor)

Thanks. But no.
    I have tried turning all plugins off and it has not helped. I seem to load
    wp-admin/post-new.php page but nothing there. Tried clicking to see if it was white on white but no looks to be missing.

Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

Okay. Delete the wp-admin and wp-includes folder and reupload from a FRESH copy of WP 3.0’s zip.

fauji

(@fauji)

I have same problem. I tried uploaded new fresh copy of WP. Nothing is helping.

And btw. How can I deactive my plugin? When I go to /wp-admin page its blank there… even my main page of blog is clean.

edit: never mind. I deleted the plugins from FTP, and its working… and now uploading one and one plugin to see wich one crash that.

(@ipstenu)

The other way is to rename the plugins folder to plugins-old 🙂

colordoctor

(@colordoctor)

I have deleted and replaced wp-admin and wp-includes
    Still no joy. I also note that neither new posts nor new pages are available, I have admin priviliges.

I really appreciate yr help. What can Itry next?
    Thanks

(@ipstenu)

You can get into the wp-admin side right?

Reset permalinks to ‘default’ (ugly) permalinks.

colordoctor

(@colordoctor)

Yes I am in admin and everything else seems to be ok

Just set permalinks to default – didnt help, so I have set them back to date and name

Any other ideas?

(@ipstenu)

This is ONLY happening on the backend, correct? The front-end of your site is fine?

colordoctor

(@colordoctor)

yes, from a visitor pov noone will know, except i cant add new content

(@ipstenu)

Your going to domain.com/wp-admin/edit.php right?

This is just … weird. The only time I’ve seen this is with a plugin conflict or a bad upgrade.

colordoctor

(@colordoctor)

I can get to edit.php and work there it is wp-admin/post-new.php that is a blank page.
    I just tried a login as a different administrator, same problem

I thought it might be a permissions issue, but just updated a plugin ok

just dont know what to do next. Doing a complete reinstall would be a big job wouldnt it?

rrwriter

(@rrwriter)

I believe this is the same problem I’m having, posted separately. I have tried everything above except the permalink switch — now have tried that, and still no visual editor for either posts or pages.

(@ipstenu)

Doing a complete reinstall would be a big job wouldnt it?

Not really …

If you deleted everything EXCEPT for /wp-content/ (the whole folder) and your wp-config.php and .htaccess files, you could just download a fresh copy of 3.0 from this site and copy those files up manually.

A pain, yes, but not really too hard.

Are your plugins all still turned off? Have you tried the default (2010) theme? There may be some feature of your theme causing bork.

colordoctor

(@colordoctor)

ok I guess I ll have to try that. I’ll back up everything first.
    I tried the 2010 default theme, but did not help.
    While I am backing up, and before installing, could this be a problem with creating new docs? Or should the dialog appear anyway?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘3.0 upgrade now my New Post links all show a blank page’ is closed to new replies.