Support » Installing WordPress » 3.0 UPGRADE Fatal error: Call to a member function add_rewrite_tag() on a non-ob

• Resolved JyoNah

(@jyonah)

UPDATE: I was able to get my site back up by renaming the plugins folder as instructed in this simmilar thread. Still trying to see where to go from here.
    —————————————–
    Filling the boards with yet another 3.0 Upgrade story…
    This is my error:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function add_rewrite_tag() on a non-object in /home/content/u/r/b/urbaneco/html/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 289

The same error shows at both the home page and the wp-admin page.

I believe it may have been caused by my forgetting to disable plugins prior to my upgrade.

I backed up the database, but it did nothing when I tried to restore.

Concerned site: http://reuseradio.org

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • I had the same issue on one of the sites I manage. After FTPing in to the server, I created a folder called “inactive” under my plugins folder. I then placed ALL plugins in this folder. The site came right back online. Then I added each plug in one by one back into the plugins folder. The plugin I found to be the culprit was in a folder called “podcasting”

All my other plugins have been placed back where they were originally installed & the site is working properly again.

I hope this helps!

esmi

(@esmi)

Forum Moderator

Moderator Andrew Nacin

(@nacin)

Lead Developer

Many thanks, johnbendever. Deleted the Podcasting plugin and it came right back up!

If Podcasting plugin is causing this problem for you check this out: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/411469 – should take care of it for you on the new 3.0

Thanks to everyone for their insight. This error had killed one of my sites.

The podcasting plugin also killed my site and is now fixed by simply deleting the plugin folder.

johnbendever Thank you so much.

Created a ‘temp’ folder in plugins (ftp) and dragged (offender) podcasting plugin to it and the problem went away

The Podcasting plugin has been updated with the 3.0 fix per http://wordpress.org/support/topic/411377 (multiple confirmed successes) – install the update and you will be back to normal.

I’m having the same issue with the Lifestream plugin

We can’t work out which one of our plugins is causing the issue.
    Everything was going ok until the plugins were reactivated, then the site went again!

I’m tired and fed up after 4 hours of trying now…. 🙁

Any ideas??

I can see a plugin called feedburner feedsmith plugin 2.3 in my FTP files which doesn’t show in my WordPress Plugin list. What is this if any one knows, and could it be the culprit?

fswd:
    You need to do everything that was suggested earlier to fix this.
    Major upgrades cause problems from time to time. Remove all of your plugins (put them in another directory), put them back one by one and access the site. Not really that hard to figure out which is causing the problem

twhiting9275:

“Put them back one by one”… ?
    Are you saying that putting the files in another directory (I take it you mean a folder) should be done one by one?

Then access the plugins via the WP admin area?

I’ve done this twice, refreshing my WP page after each plugin is reactivated. However, it all goes well until I actually refresh the front end of the site and it all goes pear-shaped again.

Clearly not that simple for relative novices! Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘3.0 UPGRADE Fatal error: Call to a member function add_rewrite_tag() on a non-ob’ is closed to new replies.