• Resolved filadelfia

(@filadelfia)

Hi,

I recently upgraded out site from 2.9.2 to 3.0 beta 2, then went to a nightly build just a few minutes ago, and now suddenly the frontpage changed.

We use a Woothemes design, Canvas, and the website was setup to show a static page as frontpage. After the upgrade to the latest nightly, there is no longer any Front Page Settings option under Settings-> Reading (and the frontpage has been reverted to displaying latest x posts.

Anyone knows why? Or how I can restore it again?

Kind regards
    Chris

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • If you visit Administration > Settings > Reading what does it show for the Front page settings?

Thread Starter filadelfia

(@filadelfia)

It shows the following:

Blog pages show at most 8 posts
    Syndication feeds show the most recent 5 items
    For each article in a feed, show: Summary

Encoding for pages and feeds: UTF-8

Running build: 3.0-beta2-14896

You don’t see the Front page displays section on that screen?

Per Settings_Reading_SubPanel

This setting displays only if you have one or more Pages defined.

(@filadelfia)

Nope, that’s what I find strange. It was there before, but during the switch to nightlies, it suddenly disappeared.

UPDATE: actually, there is no “Pages” tab at all either anymore.. 😛

(@filadelfia)

Stupid me!!

I suddenly realized what caused it. You pointed me in the right direction though. I didn’t realize “Pages” was gone until you gave me a hint.

I recently installed the More Types plugin. Doing so hided the “Pages” tab it seems, ’cause disabling it brings them all nicely back again.

Thanks though for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards
    Chris 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘3.0 nightly -> nightly removes Front Page Settings panel from Settings-Reading’ is closed to new replies.