Support » Installing WordPress » 3.0 Fresh Install – No Editor

• Just installed WordPress 3.0 on my personal site (gonna wait a bit to install it on client sites) and can’t edit or post pages. The side of the dashboard comes up but the editor isn’t there nor is anything that would be after it. When I look at the source, I see it gets cut off here

<input type="hidden" id="post_author" name="post_author" value="

It’s a fresh install with the default theme and no plugins. I also re-upped all the wp- subdirs in case anything didnt get uploaded prior.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thread Starter HTMadmin

(@htmadmin)

(oops, too late to edit)
    If I go to users, the page gets cut off after that too. Last thing that shows up when I view the source is

<a href='users.php' class="wp-has-submenu wp-has-current-submenu wp-menu-open menu-top menu-icon-users" tabindex="1">Users</a>
    then nothing else.

Thread Starter HTMadmin

(@htmadmin)

No one else ran into anything like this?

Have you tried:

– re-uploading the wp-admin and wp-includes folders from a fresh download of WordPress?

– increasing the available memory?
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/memory-bump/
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/253495#post-1017842

Thread Starter HTMadmin

(@htmadmin)

I had tried the memory increase before, now tried re-upping from a new download of WP3.0 and get a blank white page 🙁

Thread Starter HTMadmin

(@htmadmin)

Wiped everything and reinstalled, back to the original problem again.

Is it failing on all pages?

Please add this to your wp-config.php file, to see if it reveals any fatal errors that your server is, most likely, suppressing the display of:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

That said, you *could* be running out of memory. The Memory Bump plugin won’t help you in WordPress 3.0, as 3.0 already bumps the memory of administrators.

More likely, you’re maxing out 32 MB memory, and your host/server is preventing you from going any higher. You could run this simple script as its own file to test:

var_dump( ini_get( 'memory_limit' ) );
    @ini_set( 'memory_limit', '256M' );
    var_dump( ini_get( 'memory_limit' ) );

If the two values are equal, then you’re locked in. WordPress idles at about 12-13 MB, but on some servers it is higher, then when you add in translations (if you are running a localized version) and a lot of heavy plugins, you can surely reach 32 MB.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘3.0 Fresh Install – No Editor’ is closed to new replies.