• Resolved bschormann

(@bschormann)

When I tried to activate the Beta version of the Simple Calendar plugin I got the following error:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare gce_print_calendar() (previously declared in /home/wp_wf4jtd/northwestflyanglers.org/wp-content/plugins/google-calendar-events/includes/misc-functions.php:8) in /home/wp_wf4jtd/northwestflyanglers.org/wp-content/plugins/simple-calendar/includes/functions/deprecated.php on line 32

https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-calendar-events/

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Plugin Contributor Fulvio Notarstefano

(@nekojira)

Hey there, thanks for trying the new beta

It seems like you are running two plugins simultaneously, that will cause the error

try the following:

– deactivate Google Calendar Events 2.x
    – wipe the contents of wp-content/plugins/google-calendar-events
    – put the contents of the zip file inside of the empty wp-content/plugins/google-calendar-events

Even if we have changed the name we still need to use the old google-calendar-events slug for many things

please let me know if this works out

I have added some notes here about the changes: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/simple-calendar-30-beta-now-available?replies=3#post-7463576

many thanks!

Hi, Nice work for 3.0 Beta. I’ve installed and it is working quite well.

There appears to be a bug in the ‘Calendar Category’ feature. I’ve defined a new category, but it is not being picked up when I create a new calendar. i.e. the ‘Advanced’ tab for selcting the category is not displaying the new category I have created.

Any fix for this coming?

Also, it would appear that, via widget, there is no way to display multiple calendars in a single widget. I will now need to add multiple widgets to display all my calendar sources. Is this an over-sight or a design feature?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributor Fulvio Notarstefano

(@nekojira)

Hey John thanks for trying out the new beta

The categories are like other WordPress categories. For now you can organize your calendars in categories. This hasn’t many applications yet except for organizing calendars and – if you mash calendars together with the Grouped Calendars events source – blend calendars belonging to the same categories. In future we can expand further on categories if we find more use cases for them.

In the calendars advanced tab there shouldn’t be settings pertaining categories, but just adjusting things like timezone, date and time formatting, etc. To use categories with the ‘Grouped Calendars’ events source, the categories must also have calendars assigned to them (just like posts), ie not empty.

As for the widget, it should be possible to have multiple calendars blended together. But you need to create such calendar first. Add a new calendar, then select ‘Grouped Calendars’ as Events source. You can choose which calendars this calendar should blend together (either individual calendars or calendars belonging to categories). Once this is done, you can display this calendar mix either as a shortcode, or as a widget.

Please let me know if there’s anything not working as it should or if you find something unfriendly or a missing feature.

There was an user that complained the contents of his old feeds were not imported in the new version (the text and shortcodes in the post editor) – were the feeds correctly imported for you, or did you try a fresh install?

Thank you!

Ah, thank you for that mini-tutorial Fulvio….basicially all working fine now.

But, there is a bug, methinks; my individual calendar images are not present when the calendars are grouped together in one widget. Can you verify this bug?

I’ve done a completely fresh install, so, no feed import issues for me, at all!

(@nekojira)

Hello again John,

by ‘individual calendar images’ you mean some image you had inserted in the post content (the WordPress editor)?

I think that happens because the ‘Grouped Calendars’ is using its own event template (which you can edit too).

Thread Starter bschormann

(@bschormann)

Fulvio

The calendar appears to be working. You are correct that it is more intuitive. For me there seems to be an issue with the highlighting of an item on the calendar.

1. The sidebar on the left side of the Welcome page (http://www.northwestflyanglers.dreamhosters.com/) contains a grouped calendar. The drop downs can spill off the page on the left side.

2. The page (http://www.northwestflyanglers.dreamhosters.com/welcome-calendar/) which contains the grouped calendar appears on the left side of the page. I am unable to figure how to center it. And then the same problem occurs when highlighting a date on the left side of the calendar

(@nekojira)

Try adding to your css

table {
        width: 100%;
    }

that would solve most of the issues, I’ll make sure to improve the calendars styles before it’s out

(@bschormann)

Where do I add the css?

(@nekojira)

in your theme would do

I’ll make sure when the plugin is released that some common styles like the table width are included

(@bschormann)

I am unable to edit the settings on the previous version of the Google Events calendar. Everything other than Title, Date and Access are blank. No way to select the calendar.

(@bschormann)

As crazy as this may seem. There are three repeating events on the calendar – Sun. Tues. and Thur. Sundays events are appearing on Monday and the Thursday events are appearing on Friday.

Hi Fulvio,

Yes, I realise that the Grouped Calendar can have images inserted, but, obviously these images would be shared by all calendars within the group.

I’d like to have individual images, per calendar, in my widget’s display. This is how it works on the current version of GCAL.

Thanks, John.

(@nekojira)

@johnbalally roger that, I think I managed to make that happen, to be in the next beta

Will there be more options in the future to edit the look of it? Before, it was in a nice neat box and you could hover to get more details about each event, not it takes up a ton of space and there is no hover (at least for me) to see more details. Maybe all this can be done with CSS, but it would be nice to have some of those options within the calendar settings itself.

(@nekojira)

Hi

yes, the general idea is to move away from CSS hacks, which as you point out are not very portable or convenient.

There would be two ways to achieve this.

First would be to have some predefined styles (for example: light/dark skin) for the default calendar that can adapt to majority of themes. These could be set in WordPress customizer for example.

Another idea (which doesn’t exclude the former) is to support theme templates. Unlike the first approach this would require a bit of coding, just like for theme templates (single.php, archive.php, etc.).

These two ideas are not in the current beta and I’m not sure if we have enough resources to make them happen now (will try), but perhaps in the next release or two. Maybe will try to push the first idea first, then the other, which requires more work.

As for the lack of hover, actually there should be a setting in the panel under ‘Appearance’ which lets you choose which event triggers the event bubble – this can be hover (default) or click (tap on mobile. Does that work for you?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘3.0 Beta’ is closed to new replies.