Support » Plugin: Slideshow » 3 slideshows side by side

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I was able to get 3 slideshows to float next to each other. Now I just need to get them to have some space in between. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!

See titles transitioning at bottom of this page:

http://asicconference.org/schedule-2

Plugin Author Stefan Boonstra

(@stefanboonstra)

I see you were able to get the slideshows floating next to eachother and add the spaces in between them. It’s looking great!

Hi Dnewcomb, I’m trying to do the same thing. Could you share how you did it?

After I built my slideshows and had the problem described above, I did some reading and found out that I could build a custom stylesheet that would make the slideshows float a set number of pixels away from the left margin. I opened the Slideshows panel >General Settings >Custom Styles >Light >Customize.

After these lines of code:

.slideshow_container { }
    .slideshow_container a { text-decoration: none; }:

I placed this:

.slideshow_container { float: left; }
    .slideshow_container { margin-left: 165px; }

So now, each of my slide shows plays next to each other, with 165 pixels between them. I had to play with the number of pixels to get the spacing correct for the Twenty Twelve template I am using and the scale of my slide shows (100 pixels wide by 60 pixels high).

The next pain was to figure out how to make a title over each slideshow. I messed around with text and then realized I could make single slide “slide shows” with text and use the same custom stylesheet that I used for my slideshow and fortunately that worked. I hope this makes sense. I figured most of this out with tips on the WP Slideshow FAQs.

Thanks for your info. I appreciate it.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘3 slideshows side by side’ is closed to new replies.