• Resolved JoeGP

(@joegp)

The Site Health section in our site is reporting 3 critical issues, after a lot of research i determined it is caused by your plugin.

The 3 issues are:
    A PHP session was created by a session_start() function call. This interferes with REST API and loopback requests. The session should be closed by session_write_close() before making any HTTP requests.

The REST API request failed due to an error.
    Error: cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 10001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received (http_request_failed)

and

The loopback request to your site failed

I don’t know enough about these to determine how critical they really are, i mean the site seems to be running just fine, but it’s marked as a critical error so i’m reporting it.

I installed the String Locator plugin to search “session_start()” for the likely culprit, this found 3 plugins and then i began deactivating plugins to see if the issue went away and it went away when i deactivated Review Wave and came back after reactivating, i checked the other 2 plugins first, they had no effect.

This is just a wild guess but i think this is caused by the fact that our site uses the latest PHP (7.4) and this plugin isn’t coded for it, i mean it’s been 3 years since the last update.

I’m probably just wasting my time writing this.

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author MessageMetric

(@messagemetric)

@joegp We don’t support this plugin any more. I reviewed the code, though, and I don’t see any need for the start_session() call. So, you should be able to just edit the rw_gplaces.php file and remove (or comment out) the line that looks like (around line 15):
    $this->init_session();
    That should resolve the first issue.

I’m afraid I cannot speak to other issues. It may be that they will be resolved by making the change above.

Thread Starter JoeGP

(@joegp)

Thanks for the quick reply.

So are you working on a new version or is this plugin just abandoned ?

That was on line 47 for me, i commented it out and ran the Site Health checker again and all 3 issues disappeared.

Thanks.

Plugin Author MessageMetric

(@messagemetric)

We are not planning on any updates.

Thread Starter JoeGP

(@joegp)

No i meant a new similar plugin

Plugin Author MessageMetric

(@messagemetric)

Oh, sorry. No we don’t have any plans for a new or updated plugin along these lines.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘3 site health issues caused by Review Wave’ is closed to new replies.