• Resolved audiowarrior

(@zonwarrior)

Great plugin!

1. I see in the activity logs, there are some ip addresses that were ‘locked out.’ I’m assuming that means ban. When I click the lockout tab, it says ‘No lockouts at the moment. The sky is clear.’ Why? The activity log shows otherwise.

2. Do the activity logs use up a lot of memory/disk space on my server?

3. How do I ban an ip from accessing the website altogether?

Thank you

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author gioni

(@gioni)

Hi!

1.’locked out’ means at the moment when activity was logged. If an IP is currently locked out, it is marked with a red sign in the leftmost column.
    2. It uses a small portion of your website space. I believe the smallest in comparison with other plugins. This is how professionally developed software works. 🙂
    3. As of now, there is no such feature. Personally, I don’t recommend using that. Why do you need that?

Thread Starter audiowarrior

(@zonwarrior)

1. I still don’t understand what lockedout means?

3. If an IP address keeps trying to log in to our website (hack), there should be a way to permenanntly block them from ever accessing the website.

Thank you

Plugin Author gioni

(@gioni)

1. Locked out gray is a state. Locked out red is an action.
    3. These days thousand of IPs constantly are trying to hack something, so do you want to monitor and block all of them manually? Some of them are legit users with infected mobile devices. You should leave this job for robots. Technically you can block an IP in the .htaccess file.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘3 questions’ is closed to new replies.