Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thread Starter goodnews1

(@goodnews1)

P.S. I’m using WordPress 3.5.1

Plugin Contributor Brandon_Orndorff

(@brandon_orndorff)

I looked through the code and it looks like the borders are created by a few .nav css styles in your default.css. When the bar is disabled the borders at the top go away and returns around the Google Search?

Thread Starter goodnews1

(@goodnews1)

I just deactivated it, and both problems disappeared. Then I activated it, and both problems reappeared.

BTW, the search box borders are missing in FF, IE, Chrome, and Safari. And the 3 lines show above the top of the header in FF, below the top of the header in IE, but not in Chrome or Safari.

Here is the nav code…

/* @group navbar */

.nav, .widgettitle {
    /* font-family : <?php echo $WPFolio_headline_font ?>;This is handled in header.php and editable in Current Theme Options in the WordPress dashboard*/
    font-size: 1em;
    color: #545454;
    text-decoration: none;
    font-weight: bold;
    padding: 5px 30px 10px;
    }

.nav ul, .widgettitle ul {
    float: left;
    padding-right: .2em;
    }

.nav li, widgettitle li {
    list-style: none;
    display: inline;
    }

.nav a, link {
    border: 1px solid #c0c0c0;
    color: #545454;
    font-weight: normal;
    padding: .2em;
    margin: .2em;}

.nav a:active {

/*color: <?php echo $WPFolio_highlight_color; ?>;This is handled in header.php and editable in Current Theme Options in the WordPress dashboard*/

padding: .2em;}

.nav a:hover {

/*color : <?php echo $WPFolio_highlight_color; ?>;This is handled in header.php and editable in Current Theme Options in the WordPress dashboard*/

padding: .2em;}

/* @end */

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thread Starter goodnews1

(@goodnews1)

I’m still searching for the answers. Here are some similar problems that may be relevant. http://wordpress.org/search/gray+lines+above+header?forums=1

Thread Starter goodnews1

(@goodnews1)

I decided to deactivate it, and find another fast-loading left-float plugin with no counters.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘3 Gray Vertical Lines Above Header in Firefox?’ is closed to new replies.