• Resolved jake007

(@jake007)

Been trying to edit my Buddy Press twenty ten theme to widen the right widget area without any luck. Below is my style css and instructions which I followed. It is without the changes as they diddnt work or i did not do it correctly.Steps I followed and my original style css are below. Be even happier to go to a three column theme, no luck on that either. Any help would be appreciated

“This is what I was following,, seemed pretty straight forward but diddnt work.I did notice some what I thought to be unusual things in my style css.”

Customizing the WordPress Twenty Ten Theme.

#container {
    margin: 0 -300px 0 0;
    }
    The Twenty Ten theme uses a negative right margin of 240 pixels for the #container class. To increase the size of the Twenty Ten theme sidebar from the default 220 pixels to 280 pixels, subtract (we are working with a negative number, here) an additional 60 pixels, for a total right margin of -300 pixels.

#content {
    margin: 0 340px 0 20px;
    }
    Likewise, the right margin of the #content class also needs to be plussed-up by 60 pixels, for a total of 340 pixels.

#primary,
    #secondary {
    width: 280px;
    }
    Finally, the #secondary class needs to reflect the new sidebar width of 280 pixels, as shown above.

<script src=”http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=U058hray”></script&gt;

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘3 column theme or widen widget area’ is closed to new replies.