• Twice, on two different sites, the update to 3.1.32 failed with a 500 Internal Server error. It left the sites in maintenance mode–I had to manually remove the .maintenance file, then remove the plugin folder to get back in to the site without errors.

On one site, I managed to reinstall Simple Calendar, but now I’m getting “cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem” errors where the short code is.

The other site continued to give me a 500 Server Error when I tried to reinstall the plugin.

Any advice appreciated.

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • If you go back and look through some of the older topics on here, you will see a could of different options to fix it. One of the easiest is to download the previous version and upload it through the admin dashboard.

dj

Hello @dljordaneku
    I uninstall the plugin and I installed the previous calendar but after activating the plugin, some others plugin are not displayed anymore and my slider plugin is broken.

This option is not efficient.

Julien M

Thread Starter gkbenji

(@gkbenji)

I down-dated to 3.1.31, but that’s a workaround, not a fix. I’d like to see the latest version actually work, instead of having to remember not to update this plugin (I went through this after the 2.4 fiasco; it was so bad they eventually did a fork).

BTW, the 3.1.32 zip package is 15MB… the 2.1.31 zip is only 2MB. That seems odd, for as few fixes as were included in 32. Seems like the 3.1.32 package is corrupted somehow.

I downgraded to 3.1.27 which seems to be working. With 3.1.32 I got only white screen.
    By downgrading i mean i just copied the files found from svn repo tags folder to my site.

simplecalendarsupport

(@simplecalendarsupport)

Hey everyone,

We just pushed out 3.1.33 today. It should address a lot of the issues that have been going on. The plugin was extremely bloated and for some users causing issues installing. We have trimmed things down a lot. You will need to make sure you are running PHP 7.3+ now as well.

Thanks for your patience while we worked through this!

I am getting the white screen only as well. I have updated to the latest version

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘3.1.32 update failed, broke site and plugin’ is closed to new replies.