• This plugin has been working perfectly until today. I just updated to v 3.1.28, and it caused a critical error in WP. The PHP stack trace reported is:

    An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 14 of the file /home/…/wp-content/plugins/google-calendar-events/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/autoload.php. Error message: Uncaught Exception: This library must be installed via composer or by downloading the full package. See the instructions at https://github.com/google/google-api-php-client#installation. in /home/…/wp-content/plugins/google-calendar-events/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/autoload.php:14
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/…/wp-content/plugins/google-calendar-events/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php(66): require()
    #1 /home/…/wp-content/plugins/google-calendar-events/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php(56): composerRequirebda17c8d5de6827116ab2866064b2793(‘cf150f72bd303a2…’, ‘/home/…’)
    #2 /home/…/wp-content/plugins/google-calendar-events/vendor/autoload.php(7): ComposerAutoloaderInitbda17c8d5de6827116ab2866064b2793::getLoader()
    #3 /home/…/wp-content/plugins/google-calendar-events/google-calendar-events.php(58): include_once(‘/home/tambay/pu…’)
    #4 /home/…/wp-settings.php(371): include_once(‘/home/…’)

Viewing 12 replies - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • It begs the question as to what level of testing was done prior to releasing; clearly none unfortunately

    simplecalendarsupport

    (@simplecalendarsupport)

    Hey Everyone,

    3.1.29 is out now. That should no longer give you the fatal error. We just tested the update on our side and don’t see any errors when updating.

    We apologize for the inconvenience today. There was an issue with the SVN process and the folders were not added correctly initially, so that is not something we could have tested or seen happening.

    Again, sorry for the troubles and if you run into anything else, please let us know.

    Thanks!

    What I don’t understand is why this update was identified as having these problems and was still available for download for several hours afterward. My entire website is still crashed.

    3.1.29 is still showing me a critical error.

    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘Google_Utils_UriTemplate’ not found in public_html/wp-content/plugins/google-calendar-events/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/Service/Resource.php:292

    simplecalendarsupport

    (@simplecalendarsupport)

    Thanks @rdkcreative for the info.

    We are reverting the codebase to version 3.1.27 in a new update. We will have to investigate further what is causing all these different issues.

    Keep an eye out for 3.1.30 or you can revert to 3.1.27.

    Thanks

    Glad to know I’m in good company! No fun!

    3.1.31 seems to have corrected it. It’s working for me anyway.

    3.1.31 fixed the issue for me as well.

    Updated to 3.1.31 no issues so far. Thank you.

    Version 3.1.32 is causing another critical error today. Anyone else experiencing this?

    Yes, it does this on the website when activating the plugin:
    Uncaught exception: syntax error, unexpected ‘|’, expecting variable (T_VARIABLE)

    @cpasserella @blackvx Surely this belongs in a topic that’s actually discussing the actual version of the plugin where this is encountered (rather than bring up this months-old support topic discussing a different plugin version) such as the existing:

    1. “Critical site error after update” (from pretty much when this problematic version 3.1.32 came out [about a month ago, now] which then has pages of possible workarounds/fixes & related reports at https://wordpress.org/support/topic/critical-site-error-after-update/)
    2. “Plugin is not working” (from a week or so ago at https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-is-not-working-128/)
    3. “3.1.32 update failed, broke site and plugin” (from a week or so ago at https://wordpress.org/support/topic/3-1-32-update-failed-broke-site-and-plugin/)

    Per https://wordpress.org/support/topic/critical-site-error-after-update/#post-13358592, you may want to make sure you upload the new version of the plugin via (S)FTP as it’s been a case for a few sites that the extraction process hits a timeout before it finishes so it then has the plugin trying to use an incomplete set of files. I’ve yet to really see any further information from others still having the issue after trying this workaround (some just not trying it… others trying it while then not giving any further details from WP_DEBUG on what their issue might still be… etc.)

    Seems odd that this 3.1.32 version issue hasn’t seen an official update in about a month (& counting) after the various fatal errors people have reported with fixes having been proposed for the developer to try (ex. use Google’s own instructions when including their API codebase to only include what’s needed rather than every single library like 3.1.32 did per the last paragraph of https://wordpress.org/support/topic/critical-site-error-after-update/page/3/#post-13363858.)

Viewing 12 replies - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.