Support » Plugin: Autoptimize » 3.1.1.1 suddenly breaks admin access

• Autoptimize suddenly broke my access to wp admin, I got the following error – only renaming the plugin via FTP helped. Can you help here what is going on?

Aktives Theme: NisargPRO Child (Version 1.0.0) Aktuelles Plugin: Autoptimize (Version 3.1.1.1) PHP-Version 8.0.22

Ein Fehler vom Typ E_ERROR wurde in der Zeile 41 der Datei /wp-content/plugins/autoptimize/classes/autoptimizeCriticalCSSSettings.php verursacht. Fehlermeldung: Uncaught Error: Class "autoptimizeCriticalCSSSettingsAjax" not found in /wp-content/plugins/autoptimize/classes/autoptimizeCriticalCSSSettings.php:41
    Stack trace:
    #0 /wp-content/plugins/autoptimize/classes/autoptimizeCriticalCSSSettings.php(21): autoptimizeCriticalCSSSettings->run()
    #1 /wp-content/plugins/autoptimize/classes/autoptimizeCriticalCSSBase.php(152): autoptimizeCriticalCSSSettings->__construct()
    #2 /wp-content/plugins/autoptimize/classes/autoptimizeMain.php(244): autoptimizeCriticalCSSBase->load_requires()
    #3 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): autoptimizeMain->maybe_run_criticalcss('')
    #4 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
    #5 /wp-includes/plugin.php(476): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #6 /wp-content/plugins/autoptimize/classes/autoptimizeMain.php(155): do_action('autoptimize_set...')
    #7 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): autoptimizeMain->setup('')
    #8 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
    #9 /wp-includes/plugin.php(476): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #10 /wp-settings.php(461): do_action('plugins_loaded')
    #11 /wp-config.php(101): require_once('/home/htdocs/u4...')
    #12 /wp-load.php(50): require_once('/home/htdocs/u4...')
    #13 /wp-admin/admin.php(34): require_once('/home/htdocs/u4...')
    #14 /wp-admin/index.php(10): require_once('/home/htdocs/u4...')
    #15 {main}
      thrown
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

(@optimizingmatters)

Hey Robert;
    That’s unfortunate, let me start with some questions:

* did this start after updating to 3.1.1.1 did things work OK until all of a sudden x days later?
    * can you check if the file autoptimizeCriticalCSSSettingsAjax.php is present in wp-content/plugins/autoptimize/classses (it should be there)?
    * do you have the “Autoptimize Criticalcss.com power-up” still active (you should not)?
    * does the problem immediately re-occur if you activate AO?
    * can you try re-installing AO (might have been an update gone wrong, it’s rare but it does happen)?
    * it *could* also be a conflict of some kind, disabling all other plugins and switching themes briefly could confirm (or deny)

frank

Thread Starter Robert Seyfriedsberger

(@harmr)

Hi Frank,

v3.1.1.1 worked before without any issues, suddenly today it stopped working and showed the error posted before.

Anyway I checked for the file autoptimizeCriticalCSSSettingsAjax.php and it was not in the classes directory (anymore?) – not sure how this could vanish? Perhaps a security scan from my hoster which identified the file falsly as maleware and deleted it? Not sure, as I don´t have access to those logs. If this would be the case though, then the plugin will stop working again and I will contact the hoster.

So I re-uploaded the missing file and autoptimize is working again.
    Thanks for your prompt help!

Robert

Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

(@optimizingmatters)

you’re welcome, feel free to leave a review of the plugin and support here! 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.