Support » Plugin: WP-Stateless - Google Cloud Storage » [3.0] Currently configured via Network Settings

• Resolved litemotiv

(@litemotiv)

I just upgraded a multisite installation to v3.0 and i notice that the folder/root-dir setting now shows the text:

“Currently configured via Network Settings”

The installation is on a multisite but is activated on a few single blogs so not activated network-wide. How can i change this setting per blog like with the old version of the plugin?

Currently the automatic folder structure that wp-stateless is using is different from the earlier manual folders and is creating new folders in the bucket, which is a bit of a problem.

Thank you and best regards,
    -lite

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plugin Contributor Vladimir

(@planvova)

Hello @litemotiv

You can go to your Network settings site_url/wp-admin/network/settings.php?page=stateless-settings and set Folder setting to Don't override.

https://prnt.sc/ugw247

Then you can change setting for your blogs.

Thread Starter litemotiv

(@litemotiv)

Hi @planvova

Thank you, one follow-up question in this regard:

The network settings are not available by default when the plugin is not activated network-wide (although they can be reached through the URL you gave directly). Would it be possible to only enforce the new behavior when the plugin is activated network-wide, and not just when the environment is a multisite?

To clarify: one of our multisites has 100 blogs and about 50 blogs use wp-stateless, these all use custom Bucket and/or Folder settings. When wp-stateless is updated to 3.0, all the blogs have their custom Folder setting overwritten with the new structure, i.e. %sites%/%blog_id%/etc. This is quite a big problem, since all the uploads for all blogs then go to the wrong upload folders.

To fix this ourselves, we would currently have to:

1) Go to the settings page you gave and change the network folder setting
    2) Then manually go to each individual blog and restore the Folder setting to the old custom values

If instead on plugin update, wp-stateless would:

a) Check not only if the environment is a multisite, but if the plugin is activated network-wide
    b) Then only if the activation is network-wide, change the Folder setting to the new structure, otherwise keep the existing manual folder value

Does that make sense?

Thank you and best regards,
    -lite

Plugin Contributor Vladimir

(@planvova)

@litemotiv

> The network settings are not available by default when the plugin is not activated network-wide (although they can be reached through the URL you gave directly).

This page must be accessible even if the plugin is not activated for Network.
    https://prnt.sc/ugxkdj

Please try to set setting to Don't override and check setting for blog which uses WP-Stateless.
    And let me know please the settings for blog have remained the same or have changed.

Thread Starter litemotiv

(@litemotiv)

@planvova

Wat i tried this weekend was the following:

1) Upgrade 2.3.2 to 3.0

This caused the individual blogs to show the new automatic folder structure.

2) Revert back to 2.3.2

This made the Folder setting editable per blog again, however it showed the 3.0 folder structure on all blogs (i.e. the %sites%/%blog_id%/ value).

So this required me to manually edit back the Folder setting on all the individual blogs.

What i would like to be sure of before i retry, and perhaps you can confirm this to me, is if i take these steps:

1) Update to 3.0
    2) Go to the network settings and set “Don’t override”

If then the old Folder values that were entered in 2.3.2, will be visible again, or if the 3.0 structure will be visible on all blogs and will need to be changed manually again.

Do you have any insight about this?

-lite

(@planvova)

@litemotiv

Can you check value for wp_sm_version please in table wp_sitemeta?

You can execute this query:
    SELECTmeta_valueFROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'wp_sm_version'

If value is 3.0 need to change it to 2.3.2, or if value is empty – need to add it and set to 2.3.2 and then upgrade plugin to version 3.0.

Thread Starter litemotiv

(@litemotiv)

@planvova

The update to 3.0.1 went well and everything is in order now, many thanks for your help.

-lite

(@planvova)

Great, thank you for your feedback

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘[3.0] Currently configured via Network Settings’ is closed to new replies.