WordPress.org

Support

Support » Installation » 2.9.1 upgrade failed and Fatal Error Memory Messages

2.9.1 upgrade failed and Fatal Error Memory Messages

• Hi All,

I had a problem upgrading to wp 2.9.1, I was doing an automatic upgrade and I didn’t disable my plugins first. I kept getting all of the memory error messages. I changed the size of php.ini file to 64 MB and added a line: php_value memory_limit 12M to the .htaccess file. Now I keep getting messages like below, but the line # keeps changing. I can’t access my admin area.

Is it still possible to do a backup and a manual install? Or how else can this problem be fixed? Thanks for a reply.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in public_html/blog/wp-admin/includes/user.php on line 663

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • If your 12M number in .htaccess had actually worked, you would really be in trouble as that restricts WordPress to 12MB, and you were failing on 32MB!

From the Codex FAQ @ http://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_Working_with_WordPress

Increase the amount of memory a PHP script may consume. Note: If using a shared hosting service, you may need to ask your host to increase the limit.

1. Increase the memory limit setting in php.ini (e.g. memory_limit = 64M ;). Many hosts may not allow this.
    2. Increase the memory limit via .htaccess (e.g. php_value memory_limit 64M). Many hosts may not allow this.
    3. Increase the memory limit via wp-config.php (e.g. define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’64MB’);)

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll give them a try.

Why is there all of a sudden a need to increase the memory?

Well, that didn’t work. Same error message/problem. Any other suggestions out there?

Did you try:

If using a shared hosting service, you may need to ask your host to increase the limit.

Thanks for all your help. My web hosting service helped me finally resolve the issue…yea!

What was the result, how did they fix it?

I have the same problem and would like to know about the resolution.

EDIT: Raising memory_limit to 64M has fixed the problem. Thanks!

I haver the same issue too and would love to know how to resolve this . Plugin author is not much of a help. I have disabled this plugin but it still causes issues in my RSS feed

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 104857600 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 55444149 bytes) in /nfs/c02/…/indimag.com….plugins/wordpress-backup/WordpressBackup.php on line 159

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '96M');

Put this in your wp-config.php

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘2.9.1 upgrade failed and Fatal Error Memory Messages’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar