• Hi All,

I had a problem upgrading to wp 2.9.1, I was doing an automatic upgrade and I didn’t disable my plugins first. I kept getting all of the memory error messages. I changed the size of php.ini file to 64 MB and added a line: php_value memory_limit 12M to the .htaccess file. Now I keep getting messages like below, but the line # keeps changing. I can’t access my admin area.

Is it still possible to do a backup and a manual install? Or how else can this problem be fixed? Thanks for a reply.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in public_html/blog/wp-admin/includes/user.php on line 663

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • If your 12M number in .htaccess had actually worked, you would really be in trouble as that restricts WordPress to 12MB, and you were failing on 32MB!

From the Codex FAQ @ http://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_Working_with_WordPress

Increase the amount of memory a PHP script may consume. Note: If using a shared hosting service, you may need to ask your host to increase the limit.

1. Increase the memory limit setting in php.ini (e.g. memory_limit = 64M ;). Many hosts may not allow this.
    2. Increase the memory limit via .htaccess (e.g. php_value memory_limit 64M). Many hosts may not allow this.
    3. Increase the memory limit via wp-config.php (e.g. define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’64MB’);)

Thread Starter lotusflwr

(@lotusflwr)

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll give them a try.

Thread Starter lotusflwr

(@lotusflwr)

Why is there all of a sudden a need to increase the memory?

Thread Starter lotusflwr

(@lotusflwr)

Well, that didn’t work. Same error message/problem. Any other suggestions out there?

Did you try:

If using a shared hosting service, you may need to ask your host to increase the limit.

Thread Starter lotusflwr

(@lotusflwr)

Thanks for all your help. My web hosting service helped me finally resolve the issue…yea!

What was the result, how did they fix it?

I have the same problem and would like to know about the resolution.

EDIT: Raising memory_limit to 64M has fixed the problem. Thanks!

I haver the same issue too and would love to know how to resolve this . Plugin author is not much of a help. I have disabled this plugin but it still causes issues in my RSS feed

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 104857600 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 55444149 bytes) in /nfs/c02/…/indimag.com….plugins/wordpress-backup/WordpressBackup.php on line 159

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '96M');

Put this in your wp-config.php

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘2.9.1 upgrade failed and Fatal Error Memory Messages’ is closed to new replies.