• I attempted upgrading automatically from 2.9 to 2.9.1

At one hosting provider it worked flawlessly

At another it started to download the zip file form WordPress but got no further…

Nothing was damanged, it just did not upgrade…

Is this a question of file permissins, ftp permissions or what…the site where it does not upgrade has just as current php and sql databases..

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I have the same problem. I get to the questions below, but it doesn’t allow me to enter any of the FTP Credentials”

Provide your FTP Credentials
    FTP Username
    FTP Password
    FTP Base Directory (The root dir where wordpress is installed)
    FTP Host

Do the upgrade the old-fashioned way for installs where auto-upgrade doesn’t work or get messed up, upload or re-upload WP files/folders via FTP or cpanel.

I had the problem of trying to do automatic upgrade from 2.8.6 to 2.9.1. It got to “unpacking zip file” and hung up.
    1) My site is messed up. the side bar and bottom of page does not appear when I type in the url. If I go into wp-admin and view site, it looks OK.
    2) I decided I should do a new post and perhaps my site would right itself. I published the site multiple times and even did “view post”. But each time I updated, “all in one seo” plugin info was wipted out. 3) And now there is no record of my post at all.
    4) I also tried manual install. I extracted & unpacked the zip file. But I have NO idea what I’m supposed to do. I usually wait until new version shows up in fantastico. Those upgrades work fine.

I do not want to upgrade. I just want to get my blog working again.

Auto upgrade is not working for me either. I can do a manual upgrade if need be- I’ve been using wordpress for some time now- but I guess I’ve been spoiled by the auto update- and feel that it is the safest method. PLEASE MESSAGE ME if you know what might be going on. The blog in question is vanitycoupons.com

hey xleggs, are you still having trouble with this? I’m going to contact rackspace about it. I’ll let you know if I find an answer because I’m having trouble with my other sites too now — didn’t used to.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘2.9.1 Automatic Upgrade failed’ is closed to new replies.